Sr. Network Engineer (Contract to Hire)
Company: Computer Enterprises, Inc.
Posted on: November 9, 2018
**No C2C. Candidates must be able to attend an in-person interview.**Position is located in downtown Denver, 2 blocks from Union Station. Converting to FTE in the 3-6 month window is the ultimate goal. Looking for a well-rounded Network Engineer rather than someone whose deep in syntax but light on TCP/UDP. Familiarity with Command line syntax of Cisco, Arista, Juniper. Will need to be in-touch with latest version and generations of models to keep on the leading edge. Day to day duties are exciting and will vary greatly. Will jump between triage of production issues, upgrading software on routers, talking about latest hardware vendors have released. Position will be a balance between face-to-face interactions and working on ticket cues, will work up through OSI layer 4.Responsibility:
- Hands-on IP router/switch/telephony customer premises equipment
- Design, configure and deploy LAN and WAN network connections, hardware, software and communication links and services.
- Optimize the network and systems services and troubleshoot any network performance issues.
- Responsible for the service provision and monitoring of the network infrastructure to company standards.Skills:
- 8 years + of experience with Cisco and Juniper routers
- Knowledge of internetworking designs and their applications and routing
- Solid knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking technologies
- 8 years + experience with protocols
- Firewall experience with firewalls such as (Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, Checkpoint NG etc.)
- Extensive experience with Cisco switches and routers
- Certifications such as (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE) (not required) - provided by Dice Unix, Hardware, Servers, Software, Cisco, Juniper, Network engineer, layer 2, layer 3, layer 4, UDP, TCP
Keywords: Computer Enterprises, Inc., Denver , Sr. Network Engineer (Contract to Hire), Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!