Senior SW Engineer
Company: Levels Beyond
Posted on: November 9, 2018
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will lead and work on our on-premises and cloud computing platforms, responsible for designing and implementing computer systems that support our enterprise-level, n-tiered applications, including core RESTful services and Big Data platforms. This person will need to be able to not only understand server systems and networking principles, but also UI/UX concepts and be familiar with building modern HTML5 web interfaces. Also, should have experience with modern project planning methodologies like Agile or Kanban and be able to deliver solid, robust solutions, and testing processes to develop and implement solid test plans to accurately test the solutions and to maintain detailed and accurate documentation. We have created a high energy, rewarding, challenging and fun environment, and are looking for engineers who are hard-working, dedicated, enthusiastic and capable of quickly learning new technologies and applying them to solve real business problems. Core Job Responsibilities:
- Design and delivery of server-based computing platforms, security methodologies, network resource sharing, networking protocols, network access methods, security devices / appliances and the installation, configuration and support of on-premises and cloud-based environments.
- Design and delivery of UI solutions that support our platform.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Effectively manage their own day-to-day tasks / activities and lead / work within a team to effectively meet the deliverables and schedule of an enterprise-wide, software development project.
- Be able to clearly communicate in verbal and written forms complex technical designs and solutions in clear, concise and easily readable format by both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Accurately track and manage project task, activity, documentation, and time information as necessary.
- Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design / project.
- Support the development of team members from a professional and technical level.
- Be able to travel as necessary. Required Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough working knowledge of server-based computing platforms (i.e. hardware, operating system, software, virtualization technology / strategies, etc.), networking devices (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, etc.) and the design and delivery processes, methodologies and their direct implementation to solid, robust solutions.
- Strong systems and networking skills, debugging and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with Linux-based and Windows-based operating systems, services, applications, databases, environments and architectures.
- Strong design and implementation experience with network technologies, specifically Linux operating systems and applications
- Experience in developing and executing a server / network implementation plan that includes alerting, monitoring and response features
- Experience in developing and executing HTML5 UIs using modern frameworks such as Angular, ReactJS, or VueJS
- Experience in Internet-based technology, services and strategies (i.e. web servers, DNS, firewalls, etc.)
- Evaluating customer and product requirements within an agile and fluid environment.
- Experience with unit testing tools and profiling tools.
- Experience or understanding multiple application architectures, including cloud technologies.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills (i.e. design, debugging and testing).
- Demonstrated attention to detail skills through prior experience at the tactical / implementation levels.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solid results within a software engineering environment, particularly with respect to personal ownership, accountability and meeting business goals and personal metrics.
- S. Citizen / Green Card required. Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, AND
- At least 5 (five) years of experience with computing platforms, network technologies, and cloud-based systems and services OR
- Relevant combination of education and experience.
Keywords: Levels Beyond, Denver , Senior SW Engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!