Mechanic Small Engine
Company: Shea Properties
Posted on: March 13, 2018
Job DescriptionShea Properties – Find Awesome.Shea Properties is always looking for talented people who are interested in beginning or continuing their careers in real estate. With a portfolio that includes 8,100 apartment units and 4.9 million square feet of commercial space in California, Colorado and Washington—and an amazing pipeline of future projects—Shea Properties can help you find your awesome. Our associates love the collaborative, supportive, family-friendly work environment. Our leadership team encourages input at all levels and embodies Shea’s Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Respect for Others, Teamwork and Competitive Spirit. Learn more about us on WorkWithShea.com and follow the VIEW ALL JOBS link to apply.Job ScopeThe Small Engine Mechanic is a fulltime position with Shea Properties (Shea), D/B/A Tech Center Maintenance (TCM), is responsible for repair and maintenance of small engines and all equipment utilized for landscape, construction, and maintenance activities and services provided within the TCM portfolio to ensure all equipment is functioning properly and safely. The Small Engine Mechanic is expected to provide effective communications, maintain a positive attitude and ensure that a safe and fun work environment is promoted within an OSHA- regulated environment.The Small Engine Mechanic, as with all Shea team members, is expected to conduct himself / herself in a professional manner that is consistent with Shea Core Values and the Business Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy.Job Duties
- Inspect, operate, diagnose, adjust and repair machines, equipment and small 2-cycle, gasoline engines using power and hand tools
- Examine parts and equipment for damage or excessive wear, replace defective engines and sub-assemblies, to ensure safety and operating efficiency;
- Maintain hydraulic and cable operated attachments on all equipment associated with the delivery of services;
- Perform preventative maintenance on all landscape equipment including changing belts, greasing joints, linkages, cables, spindles, hydraulics, and associated sub-assemblies,
- Effectively communicate with all crews at the beginning and the end of each day to accept and tag equipment and tools requiring repairs;
- Conduct minor fleet maintenance including changing of air and oil filters, wiring and installing safety signal lights, changing tires; ensuring all trailers and transport equipment meet regulatory and safety standards;
- Sharpen, and exchange mower blades, and shears;
- Maintain cleanliness and order of TCM Maintenance Shop, including proper labelling, storage and disposal of all chemical based products to meet OSHA regulatory and safety standards;
- Utilize various computer software to input data and information related to repair orders, parts requests, estimates of parts, labor tracking, equipment inventory and warranties;
- Pro-actively forecast, organize, and administer preventative maintenance programs of all landscape, construction and power equipment and tools;
- Periodically, drive and transfer fleet to dealership for maintenance, repairs, and parts pick-up;
- Occasionally purchase equipment parts associated with emergency repairs and maintenance;
- Prepare cost/benefit analysis and research prior to equipment purchases;
- Daily check-in and check-out of all tools associated with maintenance and repairs.
- Perform other assigned duties and project oversight as assigned.Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience working in mechanic position
- Previous experience in repairing small 2-cycles engines and welding, technical training in small engine diagnostics and repair preferred.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license.If Interested, please apply to:https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SHEA&cws=51&rid=4761Work Environment The Small Engine Mechanic work schedule varies depending on weather. Hours are normally from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, the Small Engine Mechanic should be flexible to work alternate or additional hours to address the needs of the business.Work is primarily performed in a maintenance shop setting, yet, may require dispatch to a field setting environment. With regular exposure to heavy vehicle traffic conditions, frequent street-traffic and equipment noise, working with/near moving motorized equipment and powered hand-tools, mechanical parts, chemicals and airborne particles. Will work in all weather conditions, with constant interruptions, risk of electrical shock and potentially explosive gases. The incumbent may be exposed to wet, humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and work with various power hand tools and mechanical devices.Physical RequirementsThis position requires strenuous and physical work-activity requiring regular lifting and/or moving objects up to 50 pounds. Work requires employee to regularly sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, lift, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, and use hands and fingers to a significant degree. The employee is required to be proficient in speaking to customers, and have flexible and adaptable vision, including close, peripheral, depth-perception and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to operate company vehicle during the course of duties.Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.EOE/M/F/D/VCompany DescriptionShea Properties, headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, is the multi-family and commercial development arm of JF Shea Company, Inc. Originally founded in 1969, Shea Properties has grown its portfolio of apartments, retail, office and industrial properties to approximately 8,500 apartment units and 5.6 million square feet of commercial space with an additional $1.2 billion in the development pipeline. Its portfolio is divided between Southern California, Northern California, Colorado and Washington. A STORIED PAST The history of the Shea family of companies began modestly enough in 1881 when founder John F. Shea established a small plumbing business in Portland, Oregon. From those humble beginnings his sons, and their sons after them, built the firm into one of the largest, privately held real estate development and construction companies in the nation. The company's legacy of milestone achievements includes the building of the diversion channels for the Hoover Dam, the foundations for the Golden Gate and Oakland Bay bridges, and the tunnels for San Francisco's Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system. Currently, JF Shea Construction is helping to build one of the largest desalination plants in the nation in Carlsbad, California, digging two tunnels under the streets of Manhattan for the New York City subway system, and was recently awarded the Los Angeles Metro LAX/Crenshaw light rail line. From its roots in heavy construction, the firm diversified into a family of companies that currently includes JF Shea Construction, Shea Homes, Trilogy Resort Communities, Shea Venture, Shea Mortgage, Redding, Reed Manufacturing, Bluestar and Shea Properties.We are a Smoke-Free company.
Keywords: Shea Properties, Denver, Mechanic Small Engine, Engineering, Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!