Senior Process Engineer - Industrial Water (Denver)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Burns & McDonnell's rapidly growing Global Water Practice is
searching for a Food and Beverage Senior Water/Wastewater
Industrial Process Engineer in its Denver, CO office. Founded in
1898, Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned firm ranked on
FORTUNE's List of 100 Best Companies to Work For. Burns &
McDonnell's success, as well as its long list of awards and repeat
clients, is the result of the employee-owner culture and mission to
"Make Our Clients Successful".
The Senior Industrial Process Engineer will work on project teams
to create world-class designs for new projects, alterations and
redevelopments on various projects. The Senior Industrial Process
Engineer will work with the project team throughout the design and
construction process, adapting process plans according to budget
constraints, design factors or client needs.
Perform process design of projects from the conceptual phase
through design completion; lead the process design and execution of
food and beverage industrial water and/or wastewater treatment
- Leads the process design and execution of water and/or
wastewater treatment projects.
- Opportunity to become Regional Treatment Plant subject matter
- Perform day-to-day process technical work, project planning,
managing scope, schedule, and budget of projects.
- Developing critical project objectives and performance goals,
interacting with clients on technical matters as needed.
- Support client development and technical sales, proposal
preparation, and technical sale presentations; coordination with
- Expand career growth opportunities in quickly expanding
Regional and National Water Practice
- Plan, organize, and communicate project technical needs to
department management, mentor staff.
- Provide support to design-build project deliveries for water
and wastewater projects along with Burns & McDonnel
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Civil or Environmental
Engineering or related degree from an ABET-accredited program.
Master of Science degree in Chemical Civil or Environmental
- Or bachelor's degree in Chemical, Civil or Environmental or
related Engineering Technology from an ABET-accredited program and
successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Minimum of 7 years of process engineering experience; EPC
project experience preferred; design and construction of municipal
water or wastewater treatment facilities, including three or more
years leading process design of water/wastewater projects with full
responsibility for the budget, schedule, contractual obligations,
client service, and quality standards preferred.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) preferred, or ability to
obtain within the first six months.
- This position requires a self-driven individual with a water or
wastewater process and plant facilities background and the
willingness to take on new challenges.
- If water-focused background, a demonstrated ability in both
conventional filtration as well as membrane filtration is
preferred. In addition, experience in hydraulics, chemical feed
systems, alternate disinfection systems, advanced oxidation, and
residuals handling is preferred.
- If wastewater-focused background, a demonstrated experience and
knowledge in preliminary treatment, primary treatment, biological
treatment (including BNR), disinfection, hydraulics, and solids
processing and handling preferred.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with a wide variety
of industry, government and public contracts on project-related
- Existing relationships with local and statewide clients a
- Expert knowledge in standard engineering techniques and
procedures. Strong knowledge of process design codes (ASME, ANSI,
API, PIP, NACE).
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong computer skills include process simulation software
(i.e. Hysys and/or Aspen, HTRI) is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with leading the discipline design for large
projects and delegating work tasks to team members. Ability to lead
execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to work
methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building,
collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed engineering
documents and specifications.
- Ability to travel.
$155,000 - $215,000
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in
accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The
final agreed-upon compensation is based on a number of factors,
including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications,
prior work experience and work location. The total annual
compensation package will consist of a base salary and eligibility
to participate in our discretionary year-end incentive bonus
Our extensive benefits package takes care of you so that you can
focus on doing great work. From insurance and disability to time
off and wellness programs, we provide the tools to meet your needs.
As part of being 100% employee-owned, eligible employees
participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in addition
to our 401(k) retirement program. For more information, please
visit the Benefits & Wellness page.
Job Chemical Engineering
Primary Location US-CO-Denver
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 232396 Job Hire Type Experienced
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Denver , Senior Process Engineer - Industrial Water (Denver), Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!