RF Test Engineer
Posted on: September 17, 2023
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by
building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless
network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a
network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to
satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH Wireless is looking for Spectrum Engineers with a solid
background in RF design. The position will be part of the Spectrum
Management team and work closely with the markets, national RF,
regulatory and other teams within the organization. The position
requires experience in U.S. domestic telecommunications regulatory
process, domestic and international coordination, and buildout
- Pull data from site and RF database, perform proximity analysis
with satellite earth or radar stations - either programmatically or
run queries in RF design software. Merge RF and CIQ data as needed
for the individual projects.
- Analyze cross-border interference with other carriers -
domestic, or international - and find solutions for mitigation.
Often requires dealing with the carriers, outside entities and the
- Develop procedures and techniques to perform coordination and
interference analysis, guide engineering teams on border
- Create spectrum summary and dashboard from license data
provided by the GIS team. Requires fluency in Excel and
- Create QGIS plots for band mapping and spectrum depths, based
on licensed area definition.
- Respond to various spectrum related requests to the markets and
internal teams with reports and plots.
- Create MOPs and Standards, and implement adherence with the
- Create presentations for the RF Forum and project deal deck for
- Work on buildout projects for license protection. Work with
vendors to create design and deployment solutions, evaluate design,
proposal and create deal deck.
- Run engineering and propagation analysis in both sub 6 GHz and
mmWave bands to establish and propose interference management
techniques for both terrestrial and non-terrestrial networks.
- Create link budget analysis and propagation analysis.
- Perform engineering analysis needed for filings at the
Commission, ITU and other agencies
Skills, Experience and Requirements
The ideal Senior RF Spectrum Engineer will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field)
and a minimum of 5+ years of direct engineering experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the Cellular or
- 3+ years of experience in Spectrum Management Engineering
- 3+ years of direct experience in the application of the ITU
Radio Regulations and cross border coordination
- In-depth knowledge of FCC rules and procedures
- Experience in coordination with federal agencies (NOAA, NTIA,
DoD, DoC) preferred
- Solid understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular
theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory
- Experience with RF design tools (Planet, Atoll, etc.)
- Experience in GIS and other mapping tools
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex engineering
- Fluency in Excel, Google sheet, Python and other scripting
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Google docs and
- Should have excellent presentation and communications
- Should be able to work independently with minimal
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year - $125,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending
accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career
opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be
viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total
compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications,
skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's
location and is subject to change based on work location.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen,
which may include a drug test and DMV check.
Keywords: DISH, Denver , RF Test Engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!