Mid-Senior DAA Engineering Lead (Denver)
Company: Leading Path Consulting
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Mid-Level DOCSIS DAA Engineer (Denver Based or Relocatable to
Denver) 1099, FTE availableExciting opportunity for a Mid-Level
DOCSIS DAA Engineer whose primary residence is based in Denver.
Strong cable Access Engineering experience working with Distributed
Access Architectures (DAA) and Remote PHY. You will participate in
the definition of new product features, development of DAA test
cases, DAA deployment planning, and field triage, with a focus on
proactive identification and analysis of service failures in the
lab and in the production environment, with a goal of keeping these
events out of the production releases. Responsibilities:
- Support and QA Test the rollout of new updated DAA Remote PHY
products and software by participating in field issues, field
upgrades and deployments and monitoring the outcomes of DOCSIS DAA
Gear (RPDs). QA Test RPD/rSwitch features/bug fixes and the
subsystems that support the devices (for example, GCPP, vCMTS, and
- Be a point of contact for field issues caused by software or
- Assist in identifying field issues and lead efforts to triage
and perform a root cause analysis.
- Assist with the development of detailed design requirements for
new RPD/rSwitch features/bug fixes and the subsystems that support
the devices (for example, GCPP, vCMTS, and RLCM).
- Support monitoring device performance and identifying fault
conditions using approaches such as Moody smart alerts, Grafana, or
scripts that gather data from devices.
- Development of test plans to exercise new and current
- Coordinate with other DAA technology suppliers and company
teams including regions, divisions, and corporate technology /
business unit teams to identify related requirements.
- Prioritize, track, and communicate QA design, QA development
and QA test of implementation requirements of DOCSIS DAA
technologies and services (RPDs, rSwitch features, vCMTS)
- Partner with the program team to plan, and execute successful
projects based on roadmap. Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years DOCSIS (3/3.1/4) engineering and management
- Minimum 4 years of Distributed Access Architecture with Remote
PHY focus. This is NOT a CPE Test Engineer position.
- Strong technical understanding of R-PHY, DOCSIS (3/3.1/4)
physical, MAC, and upper-layer protocols, OSS, and PNM collection
and streaming telemetry, and HFC technologies.
- Prior interoperability experience among industry major DAA
product and CCAP core vendors Harmonic, Vecima, Cisco, CommScope,
Viavi, and Casa.
- Technical understanding of Distributed Access Architecture
(DAA) and R-PHY (Remote PHY).
- Technical understanding of 55-1/55-2 video deployments and
- Experience with Comcast triage tools and systems for both
legacy and DAA technologies, including NWT, Yeti, Grafana, Kibana,
and vCMTS Operations Portal.
- Minimum 5 years HFC next gen technologies.
- Creative, self-motivated teammate who is willing to take
ownership of tasks assigned and new responsibilities and empower
- Comfortable in being uncomfortable; programs move quickly,
decisions change, plans adapt to changes, uncertainty is all
around. Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and
Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in
process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune
500 clients. We offer a professional work environment with a strong
work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and
competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and
opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Keywords: Leading Path Consulting, Denver , Mid-Senior DAA Engineering Lead (Denver), Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...