Mining Field Engineer 2 1
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Requisition ID: 151624
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Engineer II, you will be the primary and lead engineer
on the Project, and report directly to the Project Manager. All
field level and office level Engineers report directly to the
Engineer II. As an Engineer II, you will be expected to be a
job-site leader in health and safety, ensuring quality of reporting
and workmanship, and that all engineering work is completed in a
professional and ethical manner. You main functions will include
contract administration, project planning and scheduling, and
project reporting, and you will play an advisory role to Project
Management for contractual, legal, and other project issues.
Kiewit Mining Group has grown steadily to become one of North
America's leading contract mining companies operating in various
commodities; coal, oil sands, iron ore, phosphate, talc, and
aggregates. We are built on a solid foundation of safety, quality,
production and integrity.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit's culture unique is that
we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant
opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is
available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and
career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure
is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Understand and follow all federal, state, and company health,
safety and environmental requirements.
- Long/short range mine planning.
- Reviewing plans and specifications to determine material
requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials,
- Performing engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and
handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during mining
- Maintaining records as required regarding job progress, costs,
material usage, etc.
- Planning and scheduling of job and/or job segments
- Investigating problems and/or reported incidents; identifying
and recommending solutions/alternatives as appropriate
- Working with suppliers as required facilitating the handling
and expediting delivery of materials
- Participate in new project estimates and draft proposals
- Develop and assist in annual budgets including cost and
- Establish and maintain communications between all levels of
supervision and management.
- Ability to mentor entry-level engineers
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Mining or Civil Engineering, or
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence
and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job
done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that
nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet
deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work shift work including nights and
- Ability to travel on short notice.
- Willingness and ability to relocate to job sites.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local,
provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an
individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized
COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a
condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made
without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: Kiewit, Denver , Mining Field Engineer 2 1, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!