Principal Cloud Automation Engineer II
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in
Englewood, CO oversees the design and architecture of Charter's
multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate,
select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet
the needs of the company for short, medium and long term
initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and
future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial,
Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
JOB SUMMARYResponsible for automation architecture and engineering
for various cloud technologies, and recommends cloud infrastructure
solutions. Responsible for setting up artifacts pipeline automation
between engineering and Operations and standardizing it across the
organization. Works with various automation tools to automate the
deployment of Infrastructure in a public or private cloud. Works
with various configuration management tools to manage a consistent
state for Infrastructure. Interfaces with other teams to collect
and define project requirements for automating and deploying their
application or technology stack. Bridge the gap between various
different organizations within Charter by leveraging automation
tooling and concepts (IAE, Ops, IT, etc.).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Assigned complex and critical projects that involve several
technical systems and constituents.
- Designs, implements, automates, monitors, enhances and
troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and
documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional
personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards
and documentation are met.
- Provides technical leadership within the area of expertise and
mentors and guides the work of senior technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS: Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge in cloud technologies private and
- Experience with Object Oriented concepts and languages (Java,
Golang, Rust, C#, C++)
- Advanced knowledge in Modeling data/network/info modeling (e.g.
- Advanced knowledge in designing and implementing a distributed
artifacts pipeline between engineering and Operations.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code (e.g. Terraform, Cloud
- Experience with Scripting languages (e.g. Ansible, Bash,
- Experience with API development and integration
- Experience with Linux (e.g. RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu)
- Experience with CI/CD (Git, Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Experience with Lifecycle Management of Artifacts (e.g.
- Experience with automation technologies
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace agile environment
and ability to learn new technologies quicklyDesirable
Qualifications and Skills Experience or knowledge with
Orchestration/Workflow is a plus Virtualization and
Containerization knowledge is a plus Experience with Databases is a
plus Ideally someone between a Senior DevOps Engineer and a
EducationMasters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related
field or related work experience
Related Work Experience / Number Of YearsEngineering work
experience / 10-15
WORKING CONDITIONS Office environment
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package
that rewards employees for their contributions to our success,
supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value
at every stage of life.The pay for this position has a minimum of
$120,700.00. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully
consider a wide range of factors, including your skills,
qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions
are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as
Keywords: Spectrum, Denver , Principal Cloud Automation Engineer II, Engineering , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!