Epic Medical Device Integration Engineer
Company: CommonSpirit Health IT Services
Posted on: August 7, 2022
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health
Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites
across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and
virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out
of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never
before. Our communities need caring and our families need
protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed
to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor
and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both
inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This is a remote position.This position will have responsibility
for coordinating the implementation and integration of Epic
applications specific to medical device integration. This position
works closely with applications and technical teams to ensure the
efficient flow of information and data. Ensures that plans are
followed and issues resolved in a manner that results in a
successful implementation. Functions in a consultative role using
advanced problem-solving and analytical skills to implement,
upgrade and support complex application
- Serves as a primary technical liaison to end users for new
requirements and issues related to applications.
- Acts as a general internal consultant on application
- Collaborates with leadership on development of application
- Responsible for providing/setting direction on application
- Supports standardization of documentation and the integration
of standards and practices.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments and research related to
application packages and healthcare IT trends.
- Evaluates IT updates and revisions; coordinates testing of
updates and revisions.
- Oversees efforts with key vendors to understand future
application product plans in conjunction with IT leadership.
- Oversees complex configuration of applications based on user
and vendor requirements on major application environments.
- Works closely with managers, project managers and business
partner leaders to define and develop or implement major software
- Works with IT staff, business partners and leadership to help
them understand potential application functionality, development
approaches, possible enhancements and process improvements.
- Provides advanced level application technical support to
- Works with IT staff to integrate processes with application
- Works with enterprise architecture teams to integrate
application architecture into enterprise architecture.
- Stays connected with industry best practices and vendor
specific application methodologies.
- Contributes to the growth and development of application IT
staff through education activities in support of the software
- Works closely with committees as a liaison to aligning needs
with application functionality.
- Works with Application Analysts on planning for implementation
of new application modules and enhancements.
- Works with Application Analysts on planning for maintenance
releases and problem resolution
- Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
- May require on-call coverage responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained
through a combination of education, training, and experience in a
- 4 years experience implementing Epic ancillary applications
with 3rd party vendors required
- Prefer integration experience with lab instruments, imaging,
and/or patient monitors
- Epic certification required in at least one ancillary
application such as: Beaker, Willow, Beacon, or Radiant -
- 1 or more relevant technical/professional security
- Knowledge of systems and application development in Health Care
-A compensation range of $77,000 - $100,000 is the reasonable
estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for
this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of
posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the
posted range as permitted by law. -While you're busy impacting the
healthcare industry, we'll take care of you with benefits that
include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid
vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!
Keywords: CommonSpirit Health IT Services, Denver , Epic Medical Device Integration Engineer, Engineering , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!