Design Engineering Lead
Company: Leprino Foods
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Within our Corporate Capital Projects & Execution team located
in Denver - Leprino is seeking a Design Engineering Lead
(Internally: Design Engineering Manager) to move our organization
to even larger levels of project and construction efficiencies! We
take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it is why we work
harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for this role typically
ranges between $110,000 and $135,000. This position has an annual
target bonus of 12%.
- Leprino is ideally seeking a current Senior Design Engineer who
wants to continue providing critical design work/support to capital
projects as an individual contributor (70%) but also has the desire
to lead and develop a team of three design engineers/CAD
- In this newly created position, you will be providing critical
technical support to the entire Technical Services Group (AKA
Leprino's Corporate Engineering team) by establishing CAD drawing
development standards, guiding the development of engineering
drawings for capital and plant projects, and managing design work
of all Leprino facilities.
- Assign design personnel to plant and capital projects
(potential projects as well) as needed and monitors progress in
accordance with project schedules.
- Travel to field locations for equipment Factory Acceptance
Tests, supervises varied projects, including renovations,
expansions, and greenfield projects.
- Support plants during the planning, installation, and start-up
of new equipment/processes.
- Responsible for the staffing, mentorship, and professional
development (technical and leadership) of Leprino's design
- Coordinate with Leprino Innovation & Technical Services Project
Teams as well as equipment suppliers in the design and fabrication
of innovative equipment for manufacturing use.
- Develop specifications, P&IDs, and 3D models for prototype
and/or proprietary equipment.
- Explore and evaluate new vendors, as well as new equipment
offerings from established vendors.
- Train plant personnel as needed on CAD Design Standards and CAD
file drawing file storage.
- Integrate Leprino Quality and Sanitary Design Standards into
all aspects of CAD support as evidenced by demonstrated continuous
improvement, teamwork, and distinguished customer service.
You Have At Least (Required Qualifications):
- Bachelor's in mechanical engineering or a similar technical
- Mechanical/industrial equipment design experience versus
layout/piping design experience is highly preferred.
- The ability to work a weekly 3/2 (office/home) hybrid schedule
as fully remote will not be considered.
- 5 years of 2D and 3D CAD designing and drafting within the
sanitary or hygienic industry.
- Extensive experience using Autodesk CAD software (AutoCAD,
Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, 3D Scanning Technologies).
- Ability to draft designs for equipment for scope definition,
engineering evaluation, and inclusion in RFP/RFQ packages; Process
systems for bid packages; Plan view and equipment layouts in 2D &
- The ability for plant travel up to 40% of the time.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Master in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical subject
- 7 years of experience in 2D/3D CAD designing within sanitary or
- 2 years of leading design engineering teams.
- Design engineering experience in the dairy industry.
Leprino Foods celebrates and supports diversity. We believe in
equal opportunity and do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We know we are
better together and are committed to creating an inclusive and
supportive culture that leverages the unique talents, experiences,
background, and perspectives of each individual employee.
Offering You In Return:A chance to be part of a global team of
individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality
products that help feed and nourish families around the world.
Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible
employees. That is why we share in our success together by
rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it
for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries and
bonuses, life, medical/dental/vision coverage, voluntary benefits,
employee assistance programs, wellness incentives, tuition
assistance, vacation, nine paid holidays, sick time, paid parental
leave, annual merit increases, as well as the LFC Profit-Sharing &
401(k) plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek
to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Our Story:Leprino Foods' history dates back over 70 years, when Jim
Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local
markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver.
We've grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world's largest
manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of
whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights
are set to be the "World's Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company."
To help us achieve that bold vision, we're looking for our secret
ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what
you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early
1950s have now grown to almost 5,000 employees throughout 16 global
locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Keywords: Leprino Foods, Denver , Design Engineering Lead, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!