Utilities Technician Apprentice - Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW: Who We Are: -At just
67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain
destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by our convenient location,
though--- you'll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country
corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public
land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled
and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a
lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a
change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience
waiting for you! Who We Are Looking For: -Winter Park Resort is a
place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor
explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the
unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming
back for more. -Whether you are looking to have your first taste of
a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we
have something for everyone. -We work to play... Are you in? Perks
& Benefits: -There's more than a free season pass waiting for you!
You don't just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and
a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy a variety of
perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and
seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts -
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY: Assist with operating, inspecting and
maintaining building mechanical, water, sewer, heat and gas
systems. Assist with routine system inspections and log keeping,
some of which is required by state of Colorado law. This position
offers an opportunity to learn the trade on the job, and is
responsible for compliance with applicable rules and regulations of
Winter Park Operations Corporation and applicable federal, state
and local regulations. - ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Perform maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems in the
Utilities group including, but not limited to:
- Restaurant equipment, including, but not limited to, gas-fired
equipment, fryers, and refrigeration/AC equipment,
- Sewer systems, lift stations and related components,
- Heat systems, boilers and furnaces, controls and safety
devices, and related equipment.
- Water systems, controls, pumps and valves, regulators and back
flow preventers ,
- Gas systems, natural and propane,
- Building exhaust and ventilating equipment,
- Fire protection systems,
- Compressed air equipment,
- Fuel tanks and related storage equipment,
- Power tools, selected office machines and other equipment, as
- Perform and log routine inspections of water treatment
facilities, fuel tanks and dispensing equipment, boilers and other
regulated equipment using computer organization skills to maintain
compliance with state regulations.
- Report and/or correct unsafe conditions. Be knowledgeable about
and meet or exceed OSHA regulations.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude while effectively
dealing with the guests and other employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned. This job description is an
overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be
an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution
of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position
may change. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Building maintenance, related field, or trade school
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- A basic knowledge for hand tools and the ability to use them on
the job required. Experience:
- 2 years of experience in a mechanical maintenance and service
or related trade.
- Strong but basic computer organization and record keeping
- Experience, training, or certification in, but not limited to,
one or more of the following:
- Operation and maintenance of restaurant equipment,
refrigeration and AC systems
- Operation and maintenance of heat systems, including low
pressure hot water boilers, controls and safety devices.
- Gas fired furnaces and unit heaters.
- Heating and ventilation equipment.
- Plumbing installation or maintenance. Qualifications and
- Valid Colorado Driver's License and a clean motor vehicle
- Able to operate a motor vehicle required.
- Able to operate a snowmobile required.
- Computer organizational skills using basic windows tools and
- Hands-on and quick to respond to all utilities calls.
- Basic hand and power tool skills required.
- Ability to operate heavy power equipment including but not
limited to pipe threaders, drill press, saws, sewer and drain
cleaning equipment and grinders.
- Ability to learn to operate, but not limited to, the following
- Voltage testers, multimeters, amp meters,
- Electric and acetylene soldering equipment,
- Gas and arc welding equipment,
- Pipe and cable locators,
- Gas leak detectors,
- Trucks, vehicles, snowmobiles, tracked snow machines,
- Other tools and selected equipment in other shops, as
- Trouble shooting skills required.
- Mechanical background desired.
- Ability to use materials that include potentially hazardous
chemicals, including but not limited to, chemical drain cleaners,
solvents, acids, lubricants, spray paints, chlorine as gas and HTH
powder, glues and adhesives, and glycol antifreeze.
- Honest and demonstrates integrity.
- Able to follow established resort policies and procedures.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Maintain a high level of caution and common sense while
- Flexible with available hours and days of work, based on resort
- Reports to work exhibiting a professional appearance within
- Demonstrates a positive attitude for others to follow.
- Takes responsibility and sees projects/tasks through to
- Thrives in a fast-paced working environment. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and
- Must be able to work outside in the winter and summer, in a
mountain environment with variable weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 150lbs with assistance.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 250lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to control equipment and operate power tools.
- Must be able to climb a 40' ladder.
- Must be able to balance on ladders and scaffolding,
- Must be able to kneel, crouch, stoop and crawl while working on
and accessing equipment.
- Must be able to reach while working on equipment.
- Must be able to talk/hear ordinary conversations
- Must be able to work in extreme cold occasionally, servicing
refrigeration equipment and snowmobiling to work locations.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat occasionally, boiler and
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices and standard office equipment occasionally.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- At times the physical environment in which this position works
is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, -snow, wind,
rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning,
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or
hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and
-painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack
of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. - Fumes produced in
activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of
metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and
tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception. To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. WAGE: The base
hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter
Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will
vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors
including but not limited to experience, education, training,
location, merit system, quantity or quality of production,
responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range
listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts' total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
region-specific benefits. Hourly pay range: $21-$25 - OTHER DUTIES
AS ASSIGNED: This position description is an overview of the scope
of responsibilities for the role described above. - With the
evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this
position may change as may the dates associated with many of the
tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the
flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and
potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of
any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on
the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of
business. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Winter Park Resort is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of
equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege
of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or
employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran
status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter
Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified
individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in
an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all
aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment,
compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and
training. This job description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I
understand that this document does not create an employment
contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will"
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Denver , Utilities Technician Apprentice - Year Round, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!