Principal Engineer II
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Charter Technical Engineering Center ( CTEC ) facilities in
Englewood, CO oversee s the design and architecture of Charter's
multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate,
select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet
the needs of the company for short, medium and long term
initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and
future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial,
Cloud, CPE, Network and Access. JOB SUMMARY:
The purpose of this position is to work with the Advanced
Engineering team and assist in the design and standardization of
network solutions for Spectrum. T he position is responsible for
engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's
telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and
electrical systems. Works closely with technical operations staff
on system design and configuration. Requires advanced technical and
design skills. Collaborates with the design teams and advises team
leaders. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES /ESSENTIAL JOB
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Assigned complex and critical projects that involve several
technical systems and constituents
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots
systems in assigned areas.
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication
architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and
signaling links and protocols into complete network
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Develop and document technical standards, while testing and
reviewing system designs
- Develops and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Designs and establishes protocol compatibility standards,
develops and implements network enhancements and makes
recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/ systems/issues of medium to high complexity
surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and
documentation as necessary.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional
personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards
and documentation are met.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team lead.
- Mentors and guides the work of senior technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor. REQUIRED
- Requires a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated work experience
in an engineering related field
- Requires a minimum of ten - fifteen years working experience in
data network services and network architectures
- CCIE, JNCIE, or equivalent industry certification required,
- Knowledge of company products and services preferred
- Current industry and vendor specific certifications and
training is required SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Master level data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP,
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Master level knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.),
Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies
- Master level knowledge in network design, network architecture,
protocols and network topology including traffic generation and lab
network testing tools
- Master knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to
support the current operations.
- Master level knowledge of network devices and network
- Master level knowledge of network designing software, such as
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and
ability to learn new technology quickly
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Hybrid Office Environment
- Typing and reading on a computer, talking on telephone, moving
objects and materials as necessary
- Primarily will work inside office environment
- Occasionally may work in a network lab / data center
- Occasional travel as required #LI-LYR EGN701 311626 311626BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package
that rewards employees for their contributions to our success,
supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value
at every stage of life. The pay for this position has a salary
range of $120,700.00 to $213,900.00 . The actual salary offer will
carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills,
qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions
are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Principal Engineer II, Engineering , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!