Lead OSS Engineer
Posted on: May 16, 2022
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms,
new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to
transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential.
Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics,
AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically
original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH is looking for a Lead OSS Engineer to drive the architecture
and implementation of OSS/BSS for DISH's stand-alone 5G network.
The candidate for this role will be expected to provide technical
leadership in defining the framework for the OSS systems to meet
DISH's performance goals for its 5G network. The ideal candidate
will have in-depth experience with OSS concepts and hands-on
experience with operator OSS solutions for 3G/4G networks. The
candidate must also be well-versed in the 5G OSS framework and how
it differs from the legacy implementations. The candidate will
provide technical leadership and input for DISH's OSS
implementation, evaluate the viability of available solutions based
on DISH's requirements and use-cases, and ensure that DISH is able
to meet its goals for performance, capability, scalability, cost in
the OSS domain.
The role requires providing technical leadership and guidance to
the team, vendor management, and ability to effectively communicate
with executive level personnel.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following
- Lead the technical assessment of specific technical solutions
proposed by vendors.
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed
technical design solution for DISH's 5G OSS.
- Lead the integration & testing of 5G E2E OSS in the lab.
- Lead the deployment and integration of the 5G E2E OSS in
- Interface with IT to ensure required OSS/BSS integration points
are identified and addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Define the 5G OSS technical roadmap.
- Participate in 5G OSS standards bodies to represent and drive
adoption of DISH's requirements.
- Provide input to the company strategy moving forward.
- Provide regular executive updates to DISH's leadership about
status, risks, and mitigation for DISH's 5G OSS.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the team.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
The successful Engineer will have:
- Experience of solving end-to-end design challenges that have
significant interaction between multiple systems and domains
- Demonstrable experience and/or expert knowledge of two or more
of the following:
- 3G/4G Mobile Packet Core architecture
- 3G/4G OSS architecture
- 3G Circuit Switched Core architecture
- 4G Voice Architecture (IMS)
- Mobile Service Control architecture
- Internet architecture including IP Networks, IP routing and IP
- Experience in 2 or more of the following work areas:
architecture, design, test and operations
- Experience with the specification and design of Network and
Customer Provisioning, Operations, and Diagnostics architecture and
systems (understanding of 5G is a big plus)
- Experience with deployment of OSS and Network and Customer
Provisioning, Operations, and Diagnostics systems through the
delivery lifecycle from initial design to full
- Working knowledge of IP networks, preferably with experience
with the prime IP vendor equipment.
- Detailed level understanding of architectural dependencies of
technologies in use in the IT environment, as it relates to OSS
design and implementation
- Able to communicate with internal and external senior
- Ability to work in a multi- technology environment with the
ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root
- Understanding of Telecommunications networks and
telecommunications service modelling
- Proven experience in OSS/BSS solutions either working for
Operators or OSS/vendors
- TM Forum certification are a plus
- Real world experience in implementing service orchestration
solutions for the core and edge networks
- Ability to motivate small to medium sized teams
- Vendor management skills and experience
- Project lifecycle understanding
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- 10+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Science
or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study;
Compensation: $164,000.00/Year - $242,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out
our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen,
which may include a drug test.
Keywords: DISH, Denver , Lead OSS Engineer, Engineering , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!