Advanced Video Engineer II - Video Support Center
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Video Support Center (VSC) is a fast paced 24x7 break/fix team
that remotely supports all video transport and devices in Charter
Video Operations group. This team operates on the front lines for
national and regional video device support for the entire Charter
footprint as part of a team of engineers dedicated to resolving and
mitigating issues with video throughout the entire nation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for working escalated customer trouble tickets,
troubleshooting operations issues and providing technical
mitigations to operational problems.
- Basic configuration and support of advanced video equipment
(e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge QAM,
- Create and maintain technical documentation of processes and
procedures used throughout normal video operations.
- Interact with vendors and internal Charter teams to mitigate
and resolve issues.
- While performing problem diagnosis, track and update progress
in trouble ticketing system.
- Identify, resolve and escalate as required, operational and
design issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make
systems more efficient.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to restore the
customer experienceBASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years engineering work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in maintaining and
troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with internal/external
direct customer contact in a technical environment (Headend,
Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Wednesday thru
Saturday from 6:00AM to 5:00PMADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of video network architecture, data networking,
system operations, and HFC cable systems are required.
- Operational experience with building, grooming, and
troubleshooting various linear and NextGen/OTT/TVE multiplexing,
encoding and transcoding platforms such as Harmonic, Imagine, Arris
- Basic understanding and experience with Cisco DCMs, Arris
CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs, Imagine BNPs and APEX1k-3k.
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the
applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving HLS &
Smooth Streaming technologies.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One or more of the following certifications: SCTE BTCS, SCTE
Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG), SBE SBNT (Certified Broadcast
Networking Technologist), SBE-CTO (Certified Television
- Experience with IP multicast video in cable Headends, Hubs,
industry vendors ' a plus EVD310-VIDEO 295519 295519BR
Here, employees don 't just have jobs, they build careers. That 's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a minimum of $73,100.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Advanced Video Engineer II - Video Support Center, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!