Photonic integrated circuit engineer
Company: Lightwave Logic, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Lightwave Logic (LWLG) is a public material and device
development company that is commercializing its proprietary organic
nonlinear polymers for a variety of electro-optic devices, with
primary applications in high-speed fiber-optic telecom and data
communications. Our development roadmap is geared to disrupt the
industry by introducing organic modulators and related photonic
integrated circuits that have superior speed, lower power
consumption, and smaller size than present inorganic devices. Our
materials and devices are extendable into other applications,
including sensors and instrumentation. We are seeking a Photonic
Integrated Circuit (PIC) Engineer to work in our facility in
Englewood, CO. Lightwave offers competitive compensation and
benefits along with a fast-paced working environment.--Lightwave
Logic is seeking an experienced PIC engineer with either III-V
compound semiconductor and/or Silicon Photonics experience to
enhance the company's activities in developing our polymer PIC
platform. This position requires hands-on experience in the design
of PIC circuits and demonstrated fabrication and testing of the PIC
circuits. Experience in data rates above 10Gbps is needed. The
successful candidate will play a key role in the design,
development, and qualification of polymer-based PICs for both
active and passive devices so that Lightwave can build a library of
components (mux, demux, modulator, waveguide, spot size converter,
etc.). The candidate should have experience working with Silicon
foundries and experience using Process Design Kits (PDKs). --Basic
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field,
plus 4+ years of relevant industry experience. Masters or PhD
- Design and modeling of PIC platform and the associated active
and passive devices.
- Experience with designing InP DFB lasers is highly
- Familiarity of III-V compound semiconductors and silicon-based
- Fabrication and testing of PICs with associated statistical
analysis of results and performance.
- Working effectively as part of an inter-disciplinary
engineering team that includes device designers, micro-fabrication
engineers, packaging and test engineers and technicians.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.--Desired
- Three to five years' experience working in PIC based
development and design environment. A plus would be experience in a
commercial advanced development and manufacturing environment where
PIC platforms have been productized.
- Post graduate experience in designing, modeling, and simulation
of high-speed photonic devices as part of a PIC platform.
- Demonstrated technical innovation and experience in related
disciplines such as multi-GHz photonic device evaluation and data
analysis. A plus would be experience in coherent and tunable
designs with control of intensity, polarization, and phase to
high-speed digital signaling.
- Experience with wafer level (probed) measurements and
- Experience operating complex scientific equipment and metrology
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision coverage (Employee and
- Company contribution of $500/year (prorated) toward your
- PTO and holiday as spelled out in the Company's Handbook
- 401K (Safe Harbor, 4% match)--Interested candidates should send
a cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Lightwave Logic, Inc., Denver , Photonic integrated circuit engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!