Principal Engineer II
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States
by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Networks, Spectrum
Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you 're joining a
strong community of more than 95,000 individuals working together
to serve more than 31 million customers in 41 states. Watch this
video to learn more.
The Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in
Englewood, CO oversee the design and architecture of Charter 's
multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate,
select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet
the needs of the company for short, medium and long term
initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and
future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial,
Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance
the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware,
software and electrical systems. Works closely with technical
operations staff on system design and configuration. Advanced
technical and design skills. Collaborates with the design teams and
advises team leaders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates automation scripts with Python and other automation
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Assigned complex and critical projects that involve several
technical systems and constituents.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots
systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and
documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional
personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards
and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of senior technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.),
Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies
- Ability to code in Python and integrate with application
- Advanced knowledge in network design, network architecture,
protocols and network topology
- Advanced knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to
support the current operations.
- Advanced knowledge of network devices and basic network
- Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and
ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or
related work experience
Related Work Experience / Number Of Years
Engineering work experience / 10-15
Project management work experience / 10-15
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and services
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco,
Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
Office environment EGN701 295584 295584BR
Here, employees don 't just have jobs, they build careers. That 's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a minimum of $120,700.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Principal Engineer II, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!