Advanced Video Engineer - Core Video Team: Returnship
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Spectrum is a 16-week
paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the
workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open
to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience
and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to
focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these
criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Additionally, if you meet the basic requirements below and have a
great attitude, we have an incredible in-depth onboarding and
training program to help get you up to speed in no time.
At Spectrum we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program
because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you
provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers
you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new
experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to
the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a
nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who 've been
focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance
the company's video transportation and delivery systems. This is a
multi-tiered design/development & support role that interacts with
Video Product & Video Operations Teams, CPE manufacturers, and
Supply Chain to provide video solutions. The role is responsible
for participating in the development of technical architectures and
direction across a set of internal business applications, leading
cross functional technical development efforts, delivering business
critical projects while maintaining high morale, managing the
operational activities in an efficient and professional manner and
ensuring all team targets are met, as advised, by Video Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the testing of new firmware, software, and
hardware supporting Charter 's (Charter Communications is known in
the United States by our Spectrum Brands) video solutions.
- Implement test plans to validate functional, performance, and
business requirements provided by product and engineering teams for
video acquisition, processing, and encoding solutions.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and deployment of new
test tools and automation frameworks.
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to
- Eventually, you 'll be able to provide day-to-day leadership,
mentoring, and technical guidance to team members.
- Participate in the development and implementation of standards,
policies, and procedures.
- Understand the technical roadmaps within Video Operations to
ensure compliance with established technical
- Participate in the development of project cost estimates and
- Develop, design and implement video transportation
- Work with the field on the implementation of video
transportation related projects.
- Support operations and work with vendors and engineering, as
needed, to resolve customer or redundancy related issuesBASIC /
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working within a video
- Minimum three (3) years video engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of video transportation experience
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience
- For participation in this program, you should have been out the
paid workforce for at least 2+ years to focus on caring for a child
or other dependent.If you have knowledge or experience with some of
the following, this may be an interesting opportunity for you:
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Video acquisition,
transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation, using such
equipment as: Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP1000/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, and
Harmonic ProStreams and common cable CPE
- Advanced knowledge of Video Compression: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H264,
HEVC, J2K, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio Compression: Dolby AC3, Dolby
Digital Plus, AAC, etc.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and
- Perform network planning, architecture design, and
configuration for Cisco routers and Juniper routers and switches,
including device turn up.
- Experience with Arris (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery
- Experience in managing optical transport platforms service
gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex, Ciena).
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Ability to work with and lead cross functional teams including
Product, Operations, IT, Care, etc.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco
CCNA, SBE Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer (CBNE) , or
Advanced DVB & MPEG Stream Structure, Analysis and Troubleshooting
certification) EVD325-VIDEO 299476 299476BR
Here, employees don 't just have jobs, they build careers. That 's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a minimum of $76,800.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Advanced Video Engineer - Core Video Team: Returnship, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!