Principal Engineer II
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company Overview:Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known
in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum
Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us,
you're joining a strong community of more than 95,000 individuals
working together to serve more than 31 million customers in 41
states. Watch this video to learn more.The Charter Technical
Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in Englewood, CO oversee the
design and architecture of Charter's multi-billion dollar network
infrastructure. We investigate, select, develop, and integrate
technologies and solutions that meet the needs of the company for
short, medium and long term initiatives. This includes the delivery
of the technology plan and future architecture for Voice, Video,
Data, Optical, Commercial, Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.JOB
SUMMARYResponsible for engineering activities that maintain and
enhance the company's telecommunications and signal processing
hardware, software and electrical systems. Works closely with
technical operations staff on system design and configuration.
Advanced technical and design skills. Collaborates with the design
teams and advises team leaders.MAJOR DUTIES AND
- Creates automation scripts with Python and other automation
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Assigned complex and critical projects that involve several
technical systems and constituents.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots
systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and
documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional
personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards
and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of senior technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS: Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.),
Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies
- Ability to code in Python and integrate with application
- Advanced knowledge in network design, network architecture,
protocols and network topology
- Advanced knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to
support the current operations.
- Advanced knowledge of network devices and basic network
- Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and
ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to use personal computer and software
applicationsEducationMasters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or
related field or related work experienceRelated Work Experience /
Number Of YearsEngineering work experience / 10-15Project
management work experience / 10-15PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills
/Abilities and KnowledgeKnowledge of company products and
servicesEducationCisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)Industry
and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper,
Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)WORKING CONDITIONSOffice environment EGN701
295584 295584BR Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build
careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and
benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to
our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers
real value at every stage of life.The pay for this position has a
minimum of $120,700.00. The actual salary offer may be higher as we
carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills,
qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions
are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Principal Engineer II, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!