Principal Engineer II - Cloud Automation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in
Englewood, CO oversees the design and architecture of Charter 's
multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate,
select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet
the needs of the company for short, medium and long term
initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and
future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial,
Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
Responsible for automation architecture and engineering for various
cloud technologies, and recommends cloud infrastructure solutions.
Responsible for setting up artifacts pipeline automation between
engineering and Operations and standardizing it across the
organization. Works with various automation tools to automate the
deployment of Infrastructure in a public or private cloud. Works
with various configuration management tools to manage a consistent
state for Infrastructure. Interfaces with other teams to collect
and define project requirements for automating and deploying their
application or technology stack. Bridge the gap between various
different organizations within Charter by leveraging automation
tooling and concepts (IAE, Ops, IT, etc.).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Assigned complex and critical projects that involve several
technical systems and constituents.
- Designs, implements, automates, monitors, enhances and
troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and
documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional
personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards
and documentation are met.
- Provides technical leadership within the area of expertise and
mentors and guides the work of senior technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS: Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge in cloud technologies private and
- Experience with Object Oriented concepts and languages (Java,
Golang, Rust, C#, C++)
- Advanced knowledge in Modeling data/network/info modeling (e.g.
- Advanced knowledge in designing and implementing a distributed
artifacts pipeline between engineering and Operations.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code (e.g. Terraform, Cloud
- Experience with Scripting languages (e.g. Ansible, Bash,
- Experience with API development and integration
- Experience with Linux (e.g. RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu)
- Experience with CI/CD (Git, Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Experience with Lifecycle Management of Artifacts (e.g.
- Experience with automation technologies
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace agile environment
and ability to learn new technologies quicklyDesirable
Qualifications and Skills
Experience or knowledge with Orchestration/Workflow is a plus
Virtualization and Containerization knowledge is a plus
Experience with Databases is a plus
Ideally someone between a Senior DevOps Engineer and a Software
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or
related work experience
Related Work Experience / Number Of Years
Engineering work experience / 10-15
Office environment EGN701 299845 299845BR
Here, employees don 't just have jobs, they build careers. That 's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a minimum of $120,700.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Principal Engineer II - Cloud Automation, Engineering , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!