Advanced Video Engineer III - Video Operations
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB SCOPEResponsible for engineering activities that maintain
and enhance the company's video transportation and delivery
systems. This is a multi-tiered design/development & support role
that interacts with Video Product & Video Operations Teams, CPE
manufacturers, and Supply Chain to provide video solutions. The
role is responsible for participating in the development of
technical architectures and direction across a set of internal
business applications, leading cross functional technical
development efforts, delivering business critical projects while
maintaining high morale, managing the operational activities in an
efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are
met, as advised, by Video Operations leadership. DUTIES AND
- Participate in the testing of new firmware, software, and
hardware supporting Charter's video solutions.
- Implement test plans to validate functional, performance, and
business requirements provided by product and engineering teams for
video acquisition, processing, and encoding solutions.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and deployment of new
test tools and automation frameworks.
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to
- Provide day-to-day leadership, mentoring, and technical
guidance to team members.
- Participate in the development and implementation of standards,
policies, and procedures.
- Understand the technical roadmaps within Video Operations to
ensure compliance with established technical
- Participate in the development of project cost estimates and
- Develop, design and implement video transportation
- Work with the field on the implementation of video
transportation related projects.
- Support operations and work with vendors and engineering, as
needed, to resolve customer or redundancy related issues.BASIC /
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working within a video
- Minimum three (3) years video engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of video transportation experience
- Minimum three (3) years of project management
experienceADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Video acquisition,
transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation, using such
equipment as: Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP1000/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, and
Harmonic ProStreams and common cable CPE
- Advanced knowledge of Video Compression: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H264,
HEVC, J2K, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio Compression: Dolby AC3, Dolby
Digital Plus, AAC, etc.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and
- Perform network planning, architecture design, and
configuration for Cisco routers and Juniper routers and switches,
including device turn up.
- Experience with Arris (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery
- Experience in managing optical transport platforms service
gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex, Ciena).
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Ability to work with and lead cross functional teams including
Product, Operations, IT, Care, etc.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco
CCNA, SBE Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer (CBNE) , or
Advanced DVB & MPEG Stream Structure, Analysis and Troubleshooting
certification) EVD325-VIDEO 297090 297090BR Here, employees don't
just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in
offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
of life.The pay for this position has a minimum of $76,800.00. The
actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide
range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience
and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional
forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Advanced Video Engineer III - Video Operations, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!