Network Engineer III - Infrastructure and Operations
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB SCOPE Charter is proud to have a network that provides
service to millions of users across the country. The Network
Engineering team is responsible for the implementation of approved
network architecture and designs. The NE III leads in the planning,
forecasting, implementation and identification of resource
requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high)
complexity. Follows corporate standards, develops and implements
network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and
designs. Leads in staff development efforts.DUTIES AND
- Leads in network planning, network architecture design and
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Working with firewalls; ASA or SRX
- Experience load balancing; F5 or A10
- Highly skilled in Network Operations
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify
and enhance the customer experience.
- Implements and assists in designing corporate standards,
develops and implements network enhancements and makes
recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity
surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member,
periodically as a project team lead.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable. BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of Five (5) years Data network experience - Cisco
- ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Routing / Switching
- Ability to produce MOPS and BOMS
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols
and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to
support the current operations
- Experience with network devices and basic network
- Strong experience with network designing software, such as
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and
ability to learn new technology quicklyPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of company products and service
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP or
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office Environment
- May work in Network Lab environment
- 24X7 Network Operations environment
- Occasional travel as required ENE311 299602 299602BR Here,
employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we
believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that
rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports
all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every
stage of life.The pay for this position has a minimum of
$76,800.00. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully
consider a wide range of factors, including your skills,
qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions
are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Network Engineer III - Infrastructure and Operations, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!