Security Operations Engineer Intern
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB SCOPE Works closely with network engineering and technical
operations staff as security threats and vulnerabilities are
detected and coordinates the response to contain and mitigate the
threat to Charter's network. Coordinates the incident response
process for network security operations and communicates event
status to leadership. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering activities that monitor, detect and
alert on potential security threats and vulnerabilities to the
company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware,
software and electrical systems.
- Monitors security dashboard alerts to identify and respond to
- Monitors and communicates threat intelligence from various
resources that is relevant to Charter's networks and systems.
- Coordinates the implementation of security counter-measures
with the appropriate organizations.
- Participates in the response to cyber incidents by gathering
data and artifacts relevant to the event.
- Provides production support to security systems and tools used
by Network Security Operations.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field in progress.
- Foundational understanding of networking
- Understanding of common security principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux, Powershell or other command line
interfaces.ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Must be able to communicate by phone, in-person and writing in
a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner with employees,
customers and suppliers.
- Extensive knowledge of network and system security
vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Must understand what is required to prevent security exploits,
how to detect security attacks and anomalies and how to respond to
security incidents and intrusions.
- Basic knowledge of forensic methodologies and best practices to
investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified
- Experience in managing information security events and
- Ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus
and drive results.
- Must be a problem solver, able to balance competing priorities,
have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through
complexity and rapid change.
- Security certifications, such as; Network+, Security+, CCNA
Security, Linux+.WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office Environment
- 24x7 Network operations support
- 4x10s on the nights and weekends
- Requires weekend and evening shift work GGN100 300459 300459BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package
that rewards employees for their contributions to our success,
supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value
at every stage of life.The pay for this position has a minimum of
$20.00. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully
consider a wide range of factors, including your skills,
qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions
are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Security Operations Engineer Intern, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!