Distinguished Engineer (MTD-Multiple Technology Domain)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in
Englewood, CO oversees the design and architecture of Charter's
multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate,
select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet
the needs of the company for short, medium and long term
initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and
future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial,
Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.JOB SUMMARYRecognized as thought
leaders in multiple domains within Charter and across the industry.
Technical experts with a strong track record of growing and
influencing others. Responsible for helping shape the go-forward
direction of the organization; working with senior leaders,
vendors, and partners to influence technology roadmaps and the
adoption of new technologies across the enterprise. MAJOR DUTIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Work with senior leaders to shape the go-forward vision for the
- Work with vendors and partners on the successful strategy,
planning, and implementation of critical tooling and
- Demonstrate strong technology roadmap influence within the
organization and across organizations.
- Drive roadmaps to meet the organization's business goals.
- Evaluate new technologies for adoption across the
- Drive thought leadership, business focus, and innovation across
- Teach, mentor, grow, and advise other domain experts.
- Understand and articulate the value creation and business
proposition to teams and functional partners.
- Mentor senior engineers on how to grow their professional
careers and expand their sphere of influence in the
- Participate in and leads learning activities within the
- Promote and facilitate collaboration within teams and across
- Connect teams facing similar challenges and problems to
- Present at and attends conferences and learns how to apply new
technologies and concepts.
- Effectively presents technical industry leadership externally
and internally by speaking engagements at public forums, and
- Motivate and mentor more junior engineers to become the natural
technology leader of the organization.
- Attract, develop, and motivate top talent.
- Promote customer focus thought-out technology roadmaps.
- Field questions from product, project, and support teams.
- Evangelize successful usage of tooling and technologies across
the organization and enterprise.
- Learn new technologies and best practices being used in other
organizations through reading, tutorials, relationships, and
- Strong involvement in industry direction and innovation.
- Final escalation point for technology issues across
organizations.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills/Abilities and
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional manner.
- Expert knowledge in network/platform/system design,
architectures, protocols and relevant topologies.
- Expert knowledge in TCP/IP, IPv4 and IPv6 and the OSI
- Expert knowledge of network devices, network appliances and
- Ability to effectively communicate complex problems in a simple
and effective manner.
- Extensive industry experience in network architectures, and
- Demonstrate some telecommunication industry leadership.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and
ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Ability to create a business case encompassing business and
- Ability to self-study new technologies.
- Strong ability to communicate technology to non-technical
senior business leaders.
- Self-driven individual with the ability to deliver major
projects with minimal supervision.EducationMaster's Degree in
Engineering Related Work Experience / Number Of YearsEngineering
work experience / 16+Project management work experience /
16+PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and servicesSome leadership
experience EducationIndustry and vendor specific certifications and
training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)WORKING CONDITIONS
Office environment EGN804 299847 299847BR Here, employees don't
just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in
offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
of life.The pay for this position has a minimum of $151,300.00. The
actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide
range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience
and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional
forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Distinguished Engineer (MTD-Multiple Technology Domain), Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!