Business Intelligence Analyst, ActiveCore Engineering (ETL)
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for defining business intelligence
requirements for individual subject areas; develops conceptual data
models, design, build, and test sets of reporting and analytic
business intelligence programs.Infers trends from a variety of data
sources, confidently delivers their interpretation and provides
recommended solutions to executives.Works with moderate guidance in
own area of knowledge.General Expectations:General expectations for
a BI Analyst II are that the candidate has intermediate technical
skill in at least one of the technical pillars of BI (Data,
Analysis and Reporting) and that they are proficient/functional in
the other two. The candidate requires moderate to little
instruction, guidance, direction and training to complete their day
to day work. This candidate s growth opportunities should be in the
areas of business ownership and leadership.Job DescriptionCore
- Plans and executes multiple projects involving all aspects of
business intelligence solutions and data, including business
intelligence analysis and data exploitation.
- Takes business intelligence to the next level to support
business decisions and recommend best practices and policy in
business intelligence implementation, maintenance, and data
- Contributes to a variety of projects related to development,
testing, and implementation of new and modified business
intelligence systems in an efficient and cost-effective
- Leads analysis and recommendations relating to organization s
optimization and testing efforts.
- Customizes business intelligence report contents and views
using Excel, Access, and other tools to meet the requirements of
internal business customers.
- Works with team and customers to define business requirements,
resolve technical issues and provide training.
- Works cross-functionally to implement key projects. Interfaces
with other departments to leverage data for their respective
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Technical Skills
- Data - Database
- Intermediate query writing skill: joins, temp table/CTE,
functions (convert, cast, substring, etc)
- Familiar with stored proc and/or SSIS
- Ability to perform intermediate skill level with MS Excel or
other table-based software platforms
- Analytics - Analysis
- Understands the concept of statistical measures such as:
correlation, regression, measures of center and measures of spread
- Candidate should be able to perform at least some of these
procedures, and have the ability to interpret the analysis results
of the above procedures
- Can write basic to intermediate programs in statistical
software packages like R, SAS, SPSS, Minitab, etc.
- Dashboarding / Reporting
- Ability to generate reports using MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to design and create dashboards using Tableau (or other
software like Qlikview)
- Connecting to various data sources
- Ability to leverage calculated fields, parameters and/or LOD
- Ability to join data sources within Tableau
- Ability to generate intermediate to advanced graphs in MS Excel
or other platformsSoft Skills Required:
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both, written and
- Ability to interface with various stakeholders and team members
for solutions to projects
- Assumes a leadership role when interfacing with the business to
gather and understand project requirements
- Business Ownership
- Anticipates the needs of the business based on an understanding
of the business stakeholders
- Has a curiosity about the hidden insights within presented data
(wants to know why ) and proactively searches for the
insightsEmployees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience2-5
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: business, business systems, business systems analyst,
consult, consultant, customer, marketing, sales, senior consultant,
Keywords: Comcast, Denver , Business Intelligence Analyst, ActiveCore Engineering (ETL), Engineering , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!