Advanced Video Engineer II - Video Support Center
Posted on: May 4, 2021
The Video Support Center Core (VSCC) is a fast paced 24x7 break/fix
team that remotely supports all video transport and devices in
Charter Video Operations group. This team operates on the front
lines for national and regional video device support for the entire
Charter footprint as part of a team of engineers dedicated to
resolving and mitigating issues with video throughout the entire
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, design and implement electronic systems including
audio, video and other multimedia equipment.
- Identify, resolve and escalate as required operational and
design issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make
systems more efficient.
- Basic configuration and support of advanced video equipment
(e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge
- Partner with Engineering to design and test system
- Work with the field on the implementation of network related
projects and other standardization efforts.
- Interact with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and
- Perform detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems
in trouble ticketing system.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experienceBASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years engineering work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in maintaining and
troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with internal/external
direct customer contact in a technical environment (Headend,
Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Sunday thru
Wednesday from 8PM - 7AM ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge and operational use of video surveillance
systems and resolution implementation, following established
- Operational experience with building, grooming, and
troubleshooting various linear and NextGen/OTT/TVE multiplexing,
encoding and transcoding platforms such as Harmonic, Imagine, Arris
- Basic understanding and experience with Cisco DCMs, Arris
CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs, Imagine BNPs and APEX1k-3k.
- Understanding of video network architecture, data networking,
system operations, and HFC cable systems are required.
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the
applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving HLS &
Smooth Streaming technologies.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One or more of the following certifications: SCTE BTCS, SCTE
Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG), SBE SBNT (Certified Broadcast
Networking Technologist), SBE-CTO (Certified Television
- Experience with IP multicast video in cable Headends, Hubs,
industry vendors-' a plus
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education;
negotiations begin at $61400
For more information on Spectrum-'s benefits, please click .
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Advanced Video Engineer II - Video Support Center, Engineering , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!