Engineer Metallurgic Senior
Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont
(www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the
world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has
approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority
working at Newmont's core operations in the United States,
Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold
company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the
first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones
Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance
is reflected through high standards in environmental management,
health and safety for its employees and creating value and
opportunity for host communities and shareholders. Dimensions At
Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through
sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold
companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to
safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and
adding value and opportunity to our host communities. With
operations on four continents, we are honored to be named the
mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and the only one listed in the
S&P 500 index. About this role What will you be responsible
for? A person working as a Metallurgical Engineer IV will perform
metallurgical test work in support of Newmont global operations
with prescribed procedures, independently, under minimal direction.
Key skills required are:
- Demonstrating proven knowledge of hazard assessment & control,
reading, comprehending safety documents such as SDS, chemical
labels, warning signs, instruction manuals.
- Sophisticated understanding of Metallurgy and Mining
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people
effectively, follow and deliver instructions.
- Highly skilled in the ability work on several projects
simultaneously. Your role will consist of The incumbent's aptitude
includes, but is not limited to the following areas:
- Leadership in ability to assess risks, taking immediate action,
report near misses and accidents, develop accident mitigation
actions, complete workplace inspections, and adhering to company
and OSHA standards, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Proficiency in ability to outline, scope, execute metallurgical
test work, interpreting the results, providing recommendations to
customers. This can include circuit surveys and pilot plant
- Sophisticated knowledge of analytical and mineralogical lab
areas and ability to maintain a professional rapport with key
personnel in those areas.
- Proficiency in understanding metallurgical flow sheets,
metallurgical balances, metallurgical models.
- Ability to complete a site metallurgical accounting audit based
on company standards.
- Directly and/or indirectly supervises metallurgists 103 and
below, technicians, interns, and contingent workers.
- Actively involved with direct reports during goal setting,
performance review and career development planning.
- We promote and adhere to internal methodologies, policies,
procedures and standards by consistently maintaining a high quality
- We provide feedback/informed commentary regarding improvement
opportunities and areas of risk to site laboratories.
- The incumbent will ensure that all reporting required meets MTF
standards and is completed and distributed on time.
- Accountable for consumables purchasing, contract scoping,
initiation, execution and close-out. SAP experience is
- Ability to develop business plans, report variances, and
determine, track project expenditures.
- We complete the duties of a contract partner host including
scoping work, confirming risk mitigation, in-field monitoring, and
QA/QC of work quality. The above duties and responsibilities are
representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not
necessarily all-inclusive. Your training, skills, and experience
checklist Here is what we would need to see from you! Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree/Master Degree in Metallurgy or Chemical
Engineering, or related field is required.
- Must possess sophisticated digital literacy in such programs as
MS Office Suite, WebEx, SAP, Enablon/Cintellate, BPC, Tableau,
- Participates in workshops, conferences, and any educational
courses directly related to metallurgy and/or other departments of
the laboratory that are relevant to position.
- Writes technical papers and presents on topics relating to
technologies housed in the metallurgy department at conferences,
workshops, Newmont events. Experience:
- 7-10 years' work experience in metallurgy is vital with
- 7-10 years' experience within a laboratory-testing environment
is preferred. Working conditions and location Where you will be
- The position is located in the Malozemoff Technical
- Maintains focus with repetitive tasks lasting 6-9 hours per
- Work with laboratory standard chemicals, chemicals awareness is
- Wear personal protective equipment including steel toe shoes,
safety glasses, respirator, earplugs, and gloves to perform duties
- Willingness to put in extra hours as projects and priorities
- Work will be conducted in office and laboratory environments
with occasional requirement to enter mine operating and
- Potential to lift heavy objects ( The salary range offered for
this role is $ 83,600 to 109,725 . The salary range is tied to the
Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to
the successful candidate will be based on job-related education,
training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on
a candidate's salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont
will not seek information about salary history, and candidates
should not share such information with Newmont. This role will be
eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program,
pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their
salary based on the company's performance and their own individual
performance.-- Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits
package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional
wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits:
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible
spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental
death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability;
401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning;
employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent
scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid
time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home,
auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the
applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified
or terminated at Newmont's sole discretion.
Keywords: Newmont Mining Corporation, Denver , Engineer Metallurgic Senior, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!