Big Data Engineer
Company: Zoom Video Communications
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Zoomies help the world connect - and deliver happiness while
doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product
for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with
products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom
Apps, and OnZoom. We're problem-solvers and self-starters, working
at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in
mind. Here, you'll work across teams to dig deep into impactful
projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy
opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive
environment.-- Job Summary: We're looking for a Big Data Engineer
who can find out the solution to support the requirement on service
operation and product development. As a Big Data Engineer, you'll
understand and manage our data, work with the engineering team and
operation team to figure out the tough problem about service
operation and product design. Job Responsibilities:
- Gather and process raw data at scale.
- Process unstructured data into structured data, manage schema
of new data.
- Manage data access to protect data in a safe way.
- Read, extract, transform, stage and load data to selected tools
and frameworks as required.
- Perform tasks such as writing scripts, write SQL queries,
- Work closely with the operation team to advise the solution
about service scalability, health monitoring and refining
optimization by data analysis.
- Work closely with the engineering team to monitor product
performance and track product quality.
- Analyze processed data.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as
needed. Job Requirements:
- 2+ years of recent experience in data engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree or more in Computer Science or a related
- Experiences on Cloudera CDH platform or AWS Cloud Services,
Spark programing, Impala SQL Language, Analyze data via Hive,
- Experience in system level including Linux, and Shell scripting
- A solid track record of data management showing your flawless
execution and attention to details.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics.
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Java or Scala, and
willingness to learn new programming languages to meet goals and
- Knowledge of ETL, visualization and reporting, with an
understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools
and applications to complete these tasks.
- Deep knowledge of data features engineering, data mining,
machine learning, or information retrieval.
- Experience processing large amount of structured and
unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and thrive on solving
head-scratching problems. Language requirement: English, Mandarin
is plus Find us on social at the links below and on--Instagram
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each
other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different
backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as
any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in
accordance with the law. We believe that the unique contributions
of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our
products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's
perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Zoom Video Communications, Denver , Big Data Engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!