Senior Mechanical Engineer (Ground Support Equipment)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer (Ground Support Equipment)
Salary Range: $90,000-$110,000 Who we are:Syncroness provides
inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical
problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a
profitable outcome for our clients. We provide proven value and
predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing
our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Mechanical Engineering and
- Adhere to Syncroness Quality Management System processes.
- Assist in sales process for scoping, estimating, and quoting
- Provide inputs to project planning, budgeting, scheduling, and
- Collect, develop, and analyze design inputs.
- Implement product design utilizing engineering principles and
standard engineering tools.
- Develop and modify designs using SOLIDWORKS and/or PTC
- Perform engineering calculations for sizing and stress.
- Set up and execute finite element analyses.
- Apply experience, critical thinking, and expertise leading or
participating in design reviews.
- Identify design and product risks and mitigations.
- Communicate with vendors, team, and Project Manager for the
advancement of projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with other disciplines including
Electrical, Systems, and Software Engineering.
- Compile and present engineering documentation so product
designs can be produced while meeting the proper regulatory
- Develop and execute test specifications.Mechanical Engineering
- Serve as primary technical resource and/or lead teams.
- Provide technical oversight, training, and mentoring.
- Complete technical review of team member work.
- Interact with customers to derive requirements and communicate
- Work with Project Management and Systems Engineering to
understand system-level requirements, define and implement actions
for Mechanical Engineering team members, and identify scope
- Contribute to Syncroness' Product Development Process.
- Participate in outside organizations for the advancement of
career and exposure of Syncroness.Education/Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering from an
accredited college or university plus 7+ years of engineering and
product development experienceor
- Minimum of a Master's Degree (M.S.) in Engineering, Engineering
Management, or Business Administration from an accredited college
or university plus 5+ years of engineering and product development
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using
engineering principles without supervision.
- Demonstrated experience with Aerospace Ground Support Equipment
(GSE) or related structural design.
- Knowledge of application of AFSPCMAN 91, AISC, and AWS
standards related to structural design.
- Solid experience in product design and development including
ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Proficiency in CAD packages (preferably SOLIDWORKS and/or PTC
Creo) as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis using Ansys
- Ability to generate hand calculations in Mathcad to support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present
and report technical findings.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to manage time among multiple projects
Keywords: Syncroness, Denver , Senior Mechanical Engineer (Ground Support Equipment), Engineering , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!