Posted on: April 9, 2021
ThreatX is seeking a talented and highly motivated candidate to
fill a DevOps Engineering position in our small team. Like most of
the world, we're working remotely these days, so communication
skills-both verbal and written-are critical. This role will be
filled in our Metro-Denver headquarters (in Louisville, CO) or in
Metro-Boston. At ThreatX we're proud of our technology, and of our
startup culture. The right candidate will need exemplary skills, a
strong work ethic and intrinsic motivation to thrive here. If you
love what you do and want to join a team of people who are changing
the world of application and API protection, drop us a resume. You:
You are a DevOps Engineer who has worked embedded in a number of
engineering teams, preferably in the Networking / Security / SaaS
space. You have proven your ability to design and build automation,
monitoring, and deployment solutions. You know what it means to
succeed as a team, and at the same time take personal
accountability for your efforts and results. You are motivated by
challenge and driven to exceed company, team and individual goals.
You love the game and you are excited about building something big
and disrupting the application security space. The Role: The DevOps
Engineer will work with the engineering team in the design and
development of production systems, automation, and processes. The
DevOps Engineer plans how to automate and streamline our operations
and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring
and operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in the dev,
test, and production environments. The position works with the
existing server platform (Docker, Linux, Data Center / AWS Hybrid
Cloud, Python, Rust), code management and deployment tools (Git,
Ansible, etc.), and collaborative requirements tools to design,
develop, test, and deploy solutions as required. This position will
work closely with other engineers to maintain seamless integration
of server-based components with the entire ThreatX platform. The
ideal candidate for this position ensures architecture standards
and quality delivery and security protocols are maintained and
provides visibility to trends and best practices within their area
of responsibility. Responsibilities:
- Accountable for timely design, development, maintenance, and
support of key components of the core ThreatX platform.
- Work within the engineering team to ensure efficacy,
compatibility, and performance across the Threat X application
- Work with the CTO to ensure security and compliance
requirements are satisfied.
- Test and deploy platform components.
- Develop bug fixes, patches and other maintenance releases as
- Develop processes and procedures for the development
- Create and maintain documentation on the platform systems and
- Maintain and deploy code within the designated code management
- Participate in standups, status reviews and sprint kickoff
activities for product releases.
- Participate as directed in product design and planning.
- Must have a strong work ethic and internal drive to thrive in
our comfortable, yet unstructured environment.
- Become a master of the ThreatX product and service.
- Build rapport and develop trust with ThreatX leadership and
- Passionately support ThreatX's commitment to create an
outstanding experience for all our customers. Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science / Math / Engineering or related field or
- Experience with automation/configuration management using
Ansible, Chef or an equivalent.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up,
- Strong server management and operations skills (Docker, Linux,
AWS, Data Centers / Hybrid Cloud).
- In-depth Linux knowledge.
- Shell and automation scripting experience (Bash, Perl, Python,
- NoSQL/distributed database familiarity (Mongo preferred).
- Experience working with high-performance / HA systems
deployment and management.
- Network/socket programming.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, trusted
- Entrepreneurial and willing to do what is required for
- Expertise in Agile development methodology.
- Expertise embedded in agile software development team.
- Strong attention to detail. Qualifications: Preferred
- Knowledge of the security industry, protocols, and
- Experience working in a startup.
- Knowledge of networks and Windows/UNIX/Linux/Solaris operation
- Knowledge of perimeter security (IDS/IPS, Firewall, Anti-Virus,
- Experience designing and deploying servers and workloads in a
distributed, global, hybrid-cloud network.
- Recent experience deploying and provisioning both cloud
workloads and bare metal servers.
Keywords: ThreatX, Denver , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!