Network Engineer III
Company: ettain group
Posted on: April 9, 2021
---Job Title:--Network Engineer III
Job Summary:This Network Engineer III position will work in the
CTEC Lab and is primarily supporting the Core Network team lab
environments, conducting testing, and developing testing scripts.
The lab environments consist of rack-mounted multi-vendor routers,
switches and both physical and virtual servers.Job
- Gathers required information from shipping information,
creating rack, stack, and power installation tickets, verifies work
has been completed, and updates inventories.
- Manages cabling requests for out of band console and
management, assigning IP addresses and verifying console
- Performs network device and server configuration and initial
code/operating system loads.
- Takes requests from engineers, create tickets, installs optics,
verifies Layer-1 connectivity, conducts post-cabling installation
and troubleshooting, assigns IP addresses, and performs link
- Handles lab equipment decommissions, including verification
that devices are removed from logical typologies, monitoring, and
- Submits and manages tickets to remove cables and un-racking of
- Reclaims optical transceivers.
- Performs network device troubleshooting, including incident
management caused by improper routing, no connectivity, or no
- Performs lab device software upgrades and downgrades.
- Works with automation engineers to develop correct process for
upgrading and downgrading to new software versions in the lab.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of consumables (optical
transceivers, console servers, Ethernet switches, etc.) and works
with management to restock.
- Works with management and engineers to determine and maintain
correct supply levels.
- Maintains documentation and regularly performs audits to ensure
documentation is correct.
- Provides basic lab server support: manage OSes (install,
patching), permissions (getting connected to AD authentication,
etc.), basic application install/support, virtual machine
creation/support as needed.
- Performs testing on lab equipment.
- Defines test cases for automation engineers, or scripts
automated test cases using Python scripting language.
- Serves as an intermediary between network engineers and
automation engineer to automate test cases after network engineers
determine what test cases are needed.
- Works with other engineers to create and build new automation
templates to provide baselines for new projects or testing
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of routing protocols, network hardware and
software, security technologies and network infrastructure is
required (CCNA, JNCIA, or equivalent work experience)
- Prior hardware or software testing experience preferred, but
- Experience with virtual machines in an ESXi environment
preferred, but not required.
- Windows server administration
- Linux server administration
- Python scripting experience
- Good writing, diagramming, and interpersonal skills
- 5 to 10 years of computer networking experience with Cisco or
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Benefits?--Yes, provided by ettain group
- Visa Sponsorship?--Not offered
Keywords: ettain group, Denver , Network Engineer III, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!