Engineer Senior - Manufacturing Materials & Process
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Company: Ball Aerospace Location: Westminster, CO, US, 80021
Date: Mar 4, 2021 Job Category: Manufacturing/ Operations Req. ID:
6892 Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or connect
with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram . The
Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in
enabling efficient business and program execution - from
technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and
test operations, facilities management, and information technology
services. At Ball Aerospace's Westminster Colorado location, we
develop and manufacture state of the art RF & sensor technologies
that are integrated onto tactical missile and aircraft platforms.
If you'd like to join our rapidly growing operations team in a
mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for
you. The Manufacturing Value Stream (MVS) M&P Engineer is
pivotal in driving our goal of 100% quality within our
Manufacturing Value Stream by supporting our "problems first"
strategy. This opportunity requires a result driven individual,
with extensive experience in leading and applying Lean thinking, to
solve operational and technical challenges in direct support of the
Tactical Solutions (TS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU). A successful
candidate will have expertise in material/mechanical sciences with
an emphasis in PWB builds, knowledge in advanced problem-solving
techniques (DOE's, Toyota Kata, ect), excellent facilitation
skills, and energy to lead teams with a Lean Coaching approach.
What You'll Do:
- Support problem solving activities with various disciplines
supporting the manufacturing value stream, driving to process
and/or technical root cause and corrective action.
- Provide immediate feedback for production teams within the MVS
and New Product Integration (NPI) teams to help solve problems and
keep hardware moving.
- Embrace and support the Toyota Kata approach to enable
purposeful experiments driving towards Root Cause/Corrective
Action. With the mentality of always putting problems first,
prioritize and schedule experiments hourly/daily with an appetite
for knowledge and learning. Continuously drive towards the next
obstacle. Achieve Root Cause of an anomaly in an efficient and
timely manner. Take action. Do something. Encourage and support the
creativity of every team member. Help drive countermeasures that
improve the flow of both knowledge and hardware.
- Take ownership of the MVS production program's schedules.
- Influence others with a Lean coaching approach (respect for
people, "go and see" behavior, put problems first, and continuously
- Accountable for the continual increase in the stability of all
manufacturing process using problem-solving methods, tools, and
- Maintain a strong focus on human and hardware safety.
- Drive the use of our manufacturing metrics to understand the
health of operations while providing a baseline for continuous
- Influence the culture to expand our "100% quality" focus
through mentorship, responsiveness, and action.
- Engage problems with respect, drive teams to thoroughly
understand the facts of the current condition, define target
conditions, and relentlessly pursue perfection.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Experience developing and maintaining strong customer
relationships, establishing a deep understanding of the
environment, and generating a clear understanding of the challenges
- A systems approach to Lean Manufacturing focusing on people,
process, and tools.
- A creative approach to problem solving and an appetite for
- A problem-solving endurance that persists in the wake of
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods.
- Experience aligning and influencing fellow employees without
direct functional responsibilities.
- Strong presentation skills to communicate with senior
- An innate mentality that seeks dynamic gains over static
- A strong focus on the horizontal flow of value across several
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading projects and/or
- Demonstrated aptitude for collaboration, recognition of
individuals strengths and areas for improvement, and an ability to
manage misalignment between individuals and/or groups. Working
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. A current DoD
clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be
eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and
eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is
accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable
clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to
complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to
evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security
clearance or government customer access associated with this
position. Relocation for this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $115,000 - $145,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Details
are available on our careers site or by clicking--here . US
CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Denver , Engineer Senior - Manufacturing Materials & Process, Engineering , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!