Electrical Project Engineer
Company: Ripple Effect Consulting
Posted on: April 5, 2021
REC has teamed up with a Denver based Civil Consulting
Engineering firm to find an Electrical Project Engineer. They are
not your ordinary consulting engineering firm. For over 65 years,
they have provided engineering services to provide solutions that
are reliable, sustainable and meet client's specific business
needs. They are a company that is passionate about personal, social
and environmental responsibility and a company that values their
employees and are committed to providing a dynamic corporate
culture.If you are interested in working in a dynamic environment
that is anything but routine, look no further!Electrical Project
Engineer (PE) - Mission Critical - Data Center
Location: Denver CO 80203 or Phoenix AZ
Direct PlacementSalary will be based on several factors including:
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as
well as internal and external equity. The pay range and benefits
offered for this position is expected to be:
- $80,000 - $105,000
- Health care benefits, company paid holidays, Paid Time Off,
Electrical Project Engineer - Develops plans, specifications, and
inspection reports for electrical equipment, facilities,
components, products and systems to ensure these items are
complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering
Works closely with Project Managers, Project Engineers and Senior
Conducts engineering projects through all phases of development by
performing the following duties.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Designs electrical systems for mission critical/data
- Displays expertise in use of word processing and spreadsheet
software, and computer assisted engineering and design software to
perform engineering tasks.
- Performs required design calculations.
- Provides technical supervision of assigned electrical
designers, electrical engineers and CAD staff.
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those
of other disciplines and other departments in the company, Clients
and the Client's design team participating in a project.
- Exhibits familiarity with local and national building codes.
Demonstrates expertise in application of all applicable safety
codes and industry standards
- Exhibits broad knowledge of design/engineering contracts
including provisions of standard forms of agreement between:
Owner/Architect, Owner/Engineer, Architect/Engineer, etc.
- Takes a lead role in planning, organizing, and implementing
engineering and design presentation standards.
- Trains and motivate employees by developing team building
- Assists in training/mentoring new employees.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and design experience in at
least three of the categories listed below, along with a good
working knowledge of one additional category.
- Lighting design, including lighting fixture selection, layout,
circuiting, and controls for interior and exterior
- Power design, including layout and circuiting of receptacles,
miscellaneous equipment and mechanical equipment, etc.
- Design of intermediate to complex electrical one-line
- Technology systems design relating to the layout of fire alarm,
security, telecommunications and audio/video equipment.
- Short circuit and voltage drop calculations.
- Fuse and circuit breaker coordination studies.
- Power design associated with UPS and generator support
- Prepare studies on various electrical systems, identify options
and potential solutions. Provide related cost comparisons.
- Development of specifications for the lighting and power
- Review of contractor's shop drawings and submittals.
- Conduct construction observations and prepare reports.
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering from a four year
ABET-accredited college or university. Successful performance at
this career level typically requires 7 - 10 years of relevant work
- Demonstrated supervisory/leaderships skills and/or minimum of
one year supervisory experience or combination of skills and
experience necessary to lead a team of Engineers. Knowledge, Skill,
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of
- Proficiency in conducting engineering projects through all
phases of development.
- A full understanding of electrical systems for mission critical
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; to express
ideas; to share information; and to prepare clear, well-organized
correspondence, reports and similar documents.
- Proven ability to make presentations to clients.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Offer a
competitive salary, exceptional work environment, and great
benefits including health insurance, 401(k), and generous PTO (paid
Keywords: Ripple Effect Consulting, Denver , Electrical Project Engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!