Eng.3, Ops Product Engineer- ActiveCore
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for the design, implementation,
operational support of the Company Software Defined Network
product, ActiveCore. Provides expert-level technical advice and
support for real time analysis, design, testing, and operations of
software defined networks, etc. Integrates knowledge of business
and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex
and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares
expertise.Job DescriptionCore ResponsibilitiesGeneral:
- Works in a Software Defined Networking (SDN) environment.
- Understands Network Function Virtualization (VNF) concepts and
strategies including Universal Customer Premise Equipment
- Demonstrates expert level knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP)
routing and switching fundamentals (See Preferred
- Works in a 24x7 Operations environment supporting live
- Supports both standard customers as well as large/complex
customers with custom designs and configurations.
- Exercises judgment during incident management, site design,
network configuration and network activation to ensure efficient
use of time.
- Performs technical training to junior operations/engineering
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering and development
methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application.
- Implements uCPE and associated services in the inventory
management database and updates and/or modifies designs with IP
assignments and CLLI codes.
- Provisions network service configuration in the SDN Service
platform for services such as Firewall, NAT/PAT, QoS, DHCP, Traffic
Steering, BGP, Static Routes, Wireless Backup, Hybrid WAN, High
Availability, LAN and WAN interfaces, etc.
- Completes Bill of Materials (BOM) for hardware required for
each site provisioned, ensuring the configuration and hardware
match to meet the customer s requirements.
- Working with Customer Project Managers (CPM), provides
configurations and technical leadership as a primary technical
resource on IP router network technologies, traffic flows, and
overall end to end network communication during the Service
Delivery process.Test and Turn Up:
- Tests and turns up new uCPE and Wireless Backup circuits in a
production environment. May recommend new practices and procedures,
- Executes test plans and logs results. Gathers supporting
documentation such as installation photos and speed tests.
- Works with Field Technicians in all Regions, as well as related
Engineering departments and centers, to maintain communications
regarding work orders/projects. Instructs the field how to connect
the uCPE and Underlay circuit(s).
- Coordinates and resolves service issues with providers and
vendors to ensure accurate and timely implementation and resolution
of off-net Underlay circuit issues.
- Coordinates efforts to resolve issues so all orders are
completed in a timely fashion.
- Regularly updates CPM with issues/progress status. May provide
project leadership, as required.Acceptance Testing:
- Interfaces with customers in regard to acceptance testing of
SDN Overlay and Wireless Backup services. Executes test plans and
- Develops and implements test and acceptance criteria for
- Troubleshoots IP networking and security issues, providing
resolutions according to established practices and procedures
including executing packet captures, analyzing network performance
data, reviewing security profiles, parsing log files, and
understanding the customer s desired outcome.Service Assurance:
- Interfaces with customers to resolve customer issues with their
- Interfaces with customers to understand Change of Service
- Interfaces with customers to help educate them on the use and
functionality of their service.
- Opens and updates service tickets in database/tracking
- Expertly troubleshoots IP and Network Security issues including
routing, performance, connectivity, access, network address
translation, access control lists/firewall rules, and network
management protocols (DHCP, DNS, etc.).
- Analyze network performance metrics and identify service
affecting root causes to customer chronic and systemic issues.
Collaborates with customer, Development and Strategic Engineering,
and SDN Service platform vendor during in-depth
- Executes Change of Service requests through the SDN Service
platform. Validates functionality after changes made to ensure
- Escalates issues in a timely fashion. Provides all relevant
information, accurately entering information into trouble ticket
- Directs efforts so as to maintain service Mean Time to Repair
(MTTR) within regional or contractual standards.General
- Performs deep dives and root cause analysis into customer
issues looking for systemic problems.
- Collaborates with Engineering and Vendor teams on resolution of
- Coordinates and implements patches in the production
environment to resolve systemic problems.
- Provides feedback to and supports
applications/features/products under development. Assists with the
software update process for existing applications, and rollouts of
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify tool and
technical requirements to support Operations. Conducts analysis to
determine integration needs.
- Works with Product Development team to determine if products,
features, and applications fit specification and technical
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical
requirements, including product and feature designs, evaluation
test plans, test results, technical manuals and formal
recommendations and reports.
- Provides expertise and guidance to junior team
- Demonstrates expert level knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP)
routing and switching fundamentals to include network topologies,
routing protocols, IP addressing, firewalls, Network Address
Translation (NAT), Quality of Service (QoS), Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name Service (DNS), Virtual
Private Networks (VPN), Virtual LAN (VLAN) architectures, High
Availability, Unified Threat Management, OSI layer 1-4 protocols
and technologies (TCP/UDP, Ethernet, WIFI, Broadband,
etc.),Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience7-10
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: diagram, dsp, electrical engineer, energy, hardware,
lighting, renewable, rf, signal processing, transmission
Keywords: Comcast, Denver , Eng.3, Ops Product Engineer- ActiveCore, Engineering , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!