Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For
more information, visit--Ball Aerospace Career Site --or connect
with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter --or Instagram . The
Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in
enabling efficient business and program execution - from
technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and
test operations, facilities management, and information technology
services. Senior Manufacturing Engineer Join our Imaging &
Surveillance Mission Area manufacturing team today! This is an
opportunity to work on industry leading technology and cutting-edge
products in a rate build manufacturing environment. Perform,
planning, coordination, control, analysis and improvement of
manufacturing and test operations for all product lifecycle phases,
systems, programs, and/or products from less complex, single focus
activities to extremely complex with highly diverse activities.--
What You'll Do:
- Provide advanced level manufacturing engineering support for
electro-optical hardware in a rate-build manufacturing
- Lead small operational teams in support of program milestones
- Independently support design reviews, build document
development, assembly and shipment of rate-build electro-optical
- Provide producibility expertise in demonstration and prototype
product designs assuring manufacturability; design-to-cost, meeting
program delivery requirements, and assuring rigorous quality
requirements are efficiently met through the application of
professionally accepted industrial techniques, practices, and
- Apply and/or develop highly advanced processes, scientific
principles, theories and concepts to electro-optical assemblies and
design for manufacturing methodology.
- Research, design, and develop new processes or implement
process improvements to reduce risk, cost or process cycle
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with
electrical, optical, and mechanical assemblies.
- Plan manufacturing and operational aspects of programs to
accomplish long-range objectives.
- Assume ownership for manufacturing schedules that meeting
program milestones and goals.
- Engage with Supply Chain Management on material strategies;
collaborate on optimizing supplier relationships and achieving
- Support program new business proposals and basis of estimates
for manufacturing and support labor related to electro-optical
- Support capital equipment identification and justification,
based upon Economic Value Added (EVA) principles and return-on
- Actively support the mentorship and training of more junior
employees in Ball internal processes, manufacturing principles and
design for manufacturing concepts.
- Lead and/or direct group discussions and program related
projects. Organize and direct effective meetings.
- Work independently or in a team environment to resolve program
issues using data- based root cause analysis; diligently applies
firm corrective actions.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical
field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Proficiency with interpreting highly technical engineering
requirements, drawings, bills of materials, and technical documents
including test and integration procedures.
- Experience managing manufacturing and test activities that meet
cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Demonstrated experience in transitioning electro-optical
hardware from development into a transition and eventual production
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication
skills, oral presentation skills and an ability to lead group
discussions with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance and willingness to
work classified programs. Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required. A current DoD
clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be
eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and
eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is
accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable
clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to
complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to
evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security
clearance or government customer access associated with this
position. Relocation for this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $115,000 - $145,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
market data.) US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Denver , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!