RF Engineer (ITEC)
Company: Ettain Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
RF Engineer Location: Westminster, CO Required Clearance: TS/SCI
w/ CI Poly U.S. Citizenship Mandatory: Due to our US federal
government contract, candidates for this position are required to
be a and will be subject to a background investigation. Job
Description: ITEC is looking for a talented RF Engineer to join our
team. Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the hands-on design and realization of
individual antennas, phased array antennas, RF circuits, and
passive RF components.
- Use computational electromagnetic analysis software to design
and predict performance on various types of antennas and apertures
(spiral, sinuous, Vivaldi, patch, slot, horn, etc.).
- Design frequency-selective surfaces (FSSs) for use with various
- Implement various design techniques (materials, shaping, etc.)
for RCS mitigation where necessary.
- Collaborate with other engineers and technicians to realize
- Participate and guide the testing of RF hardware for required
performance metrics: VSWR, insertion loss, gain, polarization,
radar cross section (RCS), etc.
- Antenna requirement evaluation, initial concept trade-off and
development, in-house and customer presentations, travel, and
technical proposal writing and cost/schedule estimating.
- Investigate new technologies and applications for radiating
apertures and antennas.
- Mentor and guide more junior engineers and technicians in the
design, build, and test phases of RF projects and programs.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult
problems involving antenna/sensor-based applications such as
electronic warfare, electronic attack, electronic support measures,
communications, geolocation, direction finding, etc.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult
technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Interface well with other people at all levels including
customers, use initiative in applying solutions to assignments.
Contributes to large teams.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment. Required
- Full competency in core RF engineering and antenna theory and
skills and general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Assist with the
preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Experience and skills to effectively contribute to successful
producibility of designs and to cost, budget, and schedule
- Experience with design of antennas and passive RF components
(radiating elements, radomes, power dividers, couplers,
transitions, multi-layer board designs, FSSs, etc.).
- Analytical design experience using software and simulation
tools such as AWR Microwave Office/Agilent ADS, CST, FEKO, HFSS,
- RF antenna testing experience utilizing network analyzers,
PNAs, anechoic chambers, near-field ranges, etc.
- Experience and proficiency in programming, data manipulation,
and data visualization in MATLAB.
- Ability to schedule and execute measurements at internal and
external facilities and perform measurement analysis and
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical expertise in RF
engineering and to leverage knowledge of other related
- Demonstrated ability to lead RF efforts and tasks and to guide
technical project teams toward the completion of program goals and
- Current security clearance is preferred. Since 1999, ITEC has
maintained a strong and reputable presence in support of DoD and
Intelligence community mission-critical programs. We are proud of
our amazing Company culture. At ITEC, we take excellent care of our
employees with competitive salaries, an employee care program and a
great benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time
Off, and 401k. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Ettain Group, Denver , RF Engineer (ITEC), Engineering , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!