Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Company: Havenly Inc
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Havenly, Inc . is a funded and fast growing consumer services
startup located in the heart of Denver. We offer online interior
design services that make decorating your home simple, affordable,
and accessible for everyone. We are looking for a full-stack
engineer to help us build and maintain solutions that delight our
customers and empower our designers. In this role, you'll be
responsible for end to end development of Havenly's core product
and features. You'll figure out the scaling strategy for a complex
& heavily-used product, and implement the UX details that create
the most delightful consumer experience. Havenly engineers are
trusted to own major parts of both the codebase and our processes.
We expect you to get involved as an active participant across the
business and work cross-functionally to solve problems and create
success. If you're interested in tackling big challenges, working
hard, and creating success at one of the top consumer startups in
Denver, this might be the job for you. We're excited about you
- You are a pragmatic thinker who likes to find ways to deliver
results incrementally, and own solutions all the way through to a
high-volume production environment.
- You have 5+ years of full-stack engineering experience
- You have experience working with MySQL or other relational
databases, and a solid understanding of SQL
- You've professionally experienced with Docker and AWS
- You possess strong interpersonal skills working with
non-technical partner teams, small teams, ideally in a startup or
- You're no stranger to writing, running, and maintaining your
own automated tests
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment and don't
mind rolling with a juggling of priorities
- You know the value of small and mighty agile teams, and have
years of experience working as part of them
- You are driven to succeed by your love of learning and dogged
desire to win as a team.
- Bonus: Experience at a fast-moving B2C startup What you'll do:
- As part of an agile team, work with product managers and
business owners to rapidly deliver new features and products that
propel our business.
- Help us maintain, improve, and evolve a technology stack that
powers the #1 online interior design company.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, and maintain your software in
a high-traffic production environment.
- Work with other engineers to review their code (and yours), and
ensure that we're designing and developing for the present with an
eye towards the future.
- Learn frameworks and languages that may be new to you, with an
attitude that you can teach yourself anything, and that "it's just
- Participate on an agile (scrum) team; and deliver and support
production software weekly. What you'll bring:
- Practical experience and subject matter expertise with Python
- Competence with Docker, CI pipelines and shell scripting
- Experience with AWS (preferred) or other cloud computing
- Good intuition for software architecture and system design. We
want a maintainable code base that we can all enjoy working with
Tools you'll be using (but not limited to):
- React, SASS, NextJS
- GraphQL (Apollo/Typescript)
- SQL (MySQL)
- AWS Cloud Computing
- Command Line/Shell scripting
- Git/Gitlab This is a full-time exempt position headquartered in
Denver, CO (remote candidates considered) Our total rewards package
includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days
off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), company
equity, 401K, and Fertility benefits. In addition we offer free
design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
Targeted compensation range for this role: 115K-135K/year,
dependent upon experience. Havenly is a Equal Opportunity Employer.
Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race,
color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status,
ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender
identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected
status.-- As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at
home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our
differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to
work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team
members, as a company we take pride in and commit to ensuring that
everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and have equal opportunity to
thrive.-- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States on a full-time basis. At Havenly we hire people who
exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always
playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge
you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you. Do you or will
you require any forms of sponsorship to work legally in the US?
Why do you want to work on the engineering team at Havenly?
Keywords: Havenly Inc, Denver , Senior Full-Stack Engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!