Traffic Engineering: Regulated Services Engineer
Company: HINGE LLC - Wireless Staffing
Posted on: February 22, 2021
SUMMARY COMPANY Wireless is seeking an experienced team of
Regulatory Engineers to drive the regulation efforts to ensure a
successful deployment of Company's 5G Wireless Network. The
Regulated Services Team will provide a deeper understanding of
Telecommunication networks and articulate the key traffic issues
within network core and customer experience. Team members will have
deep understanding of VoIP and Switched PSTN Voice Call Flows, and
a full range of features and functions of network operations,
including long distance/toll calling, international, E911,
toll-free, CALEA, and related recommend network architecture,
requirements and specifications for mobile voice traffic. Team
members will have working knowledge of voice and signaling
protocols including SIP and SS7, industry standards and associated
requirements. COMPANY intends to work with 3rd parties to provide
voice services, hence this team will also be responsible for
performing detailed evaluations of service providers' capabilities
and performance. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Must have a clear understanding of both Environmental and
Regulatory requirements for 5G Wireless Network such as E911,
STIR/SHAKEN, WEA, CALEA.
- Deeper understanding in telco networks and articulate,
understand key traffic Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the
network and from a customer experience perspective.
- Knowledge of wireless communications engineering concepts and
- Ability to communicate the technical and regulatory
requirements to business stakeholders to ensure that regulatory
compliance is maintained or enhanced and understood
- Ability to incorporate COMPANY Core and Legal guidance into
solid architectural solutions
- Support preparation of regulatory agency applications, reports,
or correspondence for internal owners.
- Review all regulatory agency submission materials to ensure
timeliness, accuracy, comprehensiveness, or compliance with
- Develop regulatory strategies and implementation plans for the
preparation and submission of new products with internal
stakeholders, including maintenance of required KPI reporting or
like certification requirements.
- Manage activities such as audits or regulatory agency
- Formulate or implement regulatory affairs policies and
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant regulations, including
proposed and final rules.
- May serve as the primary point of contact with such
organizations as IEEE, ITU, ATIS, and other telecommunications
operating standards bodies.
- Ability to problem solve under-pressure, while maintaining
respectful communications with team and vendors.
- Ability to think critically to evaluate solutions and program
plans in order to produce high-quality, lasting results.
- Demonstrated awareness of impact of actions on team, on
department, and COMPANY business objectives.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills to business requirements
to the benefit of the COMPANY ecosystem, including preparing
execution reports displaying results and describing relevant
program lifecycle management.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior engineers on the team, work
on problems that are relevant and essential to the team.
- Preferred B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering (or related
field) and a minimum of 10+ years of direct engineering experience;
in certain cases, job experience will be considered in lieu of
- Certifications in professional or technical skill
- Experience designing and implementing regulatory/compliance
- Understanding IEEE, FCC, or State-level Regulations with
ability to handle complex regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated career progression, both in responsibilities and
Keywords: HINGE LLC - Wireless Staffing, Denver , Traffic Engineering: Regulated Services Engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!