Enterprise Storage and Data Protection Engineer
Posted on: October 19, 2020
General Position Summary:The Storage Engineer position is
responsible for planning, designing, and hands on implementation,
maintenance, automation, and repair of a various shared storage
devices, fibre channel switches and backup technologies. Provides
high level escalation engineering support and roadmap ownership for
enterprise components and environment architectures. --This is a
multifaceted position, being responsible for the demanding up-time
of corporate and production SAN/NAS/Backup technologies and how
they interact with other technologies. This position will work with
other IT teams and all consumers of IT services to resolve any
issues affecting service availability and responsiveness of the
various SANs and other shared storage and backup
- Partner with the Infrastructure Architecture, Development and
Operations teams for designing and supporting shared storage
technologies from IBM, Dell/EMC, NetApp, Pure storage, HP,
Cohesity, Nutanix and other storage and backup technologies during
all phases of systems lifecycle to define, implement and support
proof of concept, design, configuration, automation, testing,
migration phases, triage incidents to resolution and mentoring of
- Provide support in problem management/resolution and engage in
recommending/submitting/implementing proactive change requests to
prevent problems from occurring based on trending analysis and
- Participate in full ITIL-based methodology for Change Control,
Problem Management, Service Management, and Capacity
- Assists in mentoring of team members relating to the job
function and demonstrate leadership through technical knowledge,
interpersonal skills, business knowledge, organizational skills and
- Design and develop operational procedures for the Shared
Storage and backup infrastructure for team membersSecondary
- Play critical role in problem management/resolution when faults
occur and engage in recommending/submitting/implementing proactive
change requests to prevent problems from occurring based on
trending analysis and business needs.
- Familiar with HIPPA and SOX compliance rules. Perform other
relevant job duties as assigned. Healthcare data security and
privacy background is a plus (HIPPA, PCI, SOX).Job Scope:Job
involves a high degree of complexity. Duties are performed using
generally established policies and procedures and deviations from
the norm are typically approved by leaders. Work is checked or
verified visually and/or by results. Decisions are made within
established departmental guidelines. Position has high visibility
due to directly impacting teams and business workflow, service
delivery and relationships with teams.Supervisory
Responsibility:NoneSpecific Job Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience with enterprise storage and/or backup
infrastructure support or combination of relevant experience and
- Certifications or training in storage and backup technologies
is a plus.
- Experience in capacity planning and performance tuning in a
large enterprise environment.
- Experience with various enterprise backup solutions.
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills in a senior
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge in shared storage technologies
from IBM, Dell/EMC, NetApp, Pure storage, HP, Cohesity, Nutanix and
other storage and backup technologies
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server
administration including Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS and
- Knowledge administrating Linux platforms is a plus
- Strong knowledge managing and working in a highly virtualized
x86 environment is a must.
- Knowledge of database concepts, specifically with SQL
- Familiar with fundamental systems engineering concepts.
In-depth knowledge of network services, such as IP, ARP, TCP, UDP,
DHCP, DNS, FTP, NTP, SNMP, etc.
- Ability to work within a group setting as well as
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, set objectives
and meet them with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex scenarios and use
problem-solving skills to define and implement appropriate best
- Strong analytical, communication, management, and relationship
- Ability and desire to thrive in a very fast-paced,
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task, while
flawlessly executing on projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the
ability to communicate technical information to technical and
- Be able to anticipate issues and challenges, bring strong
problem resolution skills to define resolution plans and
- Not satisfied with the status quo.
- Plan, coordinate and implement changes by following the IT
change processEducation:Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
and educational combination.Job Conditions:
- Job hours may exceed 40hr work week in the event of project
deadlines or outages
- May require some travel to other regions
- Moderate to high job pressure may occur in relation to quick
turnarounds for some projects or daily activity
Keywords: Optum, Denver , Enterprise Storage and Data Protection Engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!