Engineering Manufacturing Liaison
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: August 3, 2020
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and
manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power
generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized
products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet,
space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy,
and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial,
and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering
Manufacturing Liaison to join our team located in Centennial,
Colorado. With limited supervision, this position supports program
engineering and manufacturing by serving as a liaison between the
engineering and manufacturing departments as a liaison to expedite
the design, development, prototyping, and manufacturing processes.
Supports GA EMS programs/projects including space systems, missile
defense systems, lasers, advanced sensors, and other emerging
advanced technologies. Evaluate and resolve complex engineering-
related production problems related to manufacturing, design,
quality and material engineering. Serves as an external
spokesperson through correspondence with vendors and subcontractors
to ensure delivery dates and company objectives are met. Exercises
considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to
assignments and develops solutions to complex problems. Tracks
program development progress, expedites critical path components
and processes in order to maintain schedule. Develops raw material
requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering
specifications and production schedules and plans and manages
material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
Maintains physical control of program assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position involves the exercise of independent judgment and
discretion about matters of significance.
- Support production projects, influence and guide personnel
across functional organizations. May provide direction and guidance
to less experienced staff.
- Use extensive expertise in project management, manufacturing,
and machining/fabrication tasks to execute production
responsibilities. Effectively organize and execute work assignments
to meet project milestones. Utilize knowledge of production
planning, scheduling, budgeting and performance measurement (EV)
systems to manage the project schedule/budget.
- Identify issues, analyzes and interprets data, and develops
innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems. As
necessary, engage functional resources (such as design, quality and
procurement) to resolve issues.
- Use analytical, verbal and written communication skills to
accurately document, report, and present findings.
- Review and monitor program development progress and expedites
critical path components and processes to maintain schedule.
- Use detailed knowledge and understanding of business
development activities to develop statements of work, bills of
material, sole source justifications, technical evaluations and
procurement data packages.
- Coordinate Manufacturing Service Request activities by
resolving priority schedule conflicts.
- As a member of the construction/manufacturing engineering
department, the primary task is to facilitate the delivery of all
hardware and documentation required by the respective
- Monitor and report on progress of manufactured parts required
- May conduct periodic program engineering/manufacturing planning
- Assist Material Planning with procurement of parts and material
which includes creating material master spreadsheets and data sheet
collection. Create spreadsheets for mass uploads of data into the
Material Requirement Program system
- Coordinate delivery schedule of raw materials and
sub-assemblies from contractors.
- Ensures on-time delivery for raw materials, subassemblies and
required manufacturing/quality documentation by maintaining
frequent contact with vendor base. May function as the
production/technical point of contact for critical subcontractors,
vendors and the customer.
- Receive and route Non-Conformance Reports for disposition.
Route Supplier Disposition Requests to engineering. Route and track
Request for Engineering Assistance from purchasing to engineering
- Process and tracks all Engineering Change Request (ECR)
activities to include development and maintenance of all ECRs
received, pending and completed.
- Review engineering specifications and drawings. Confers across
functional areas to provide and obtain technical information.
- Assist in and/or monitor the design and development process by
coordinating between various engineering and manufacturing
departments. Alert planning department to open engineering issues
that may affect manufacturing.
- Evaluate and resolve engineering-related production problems
related to manufacturing, design, quality and material engineering.
Identify issues in engineering and manufacturing and utilize
resources for resolution.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed work
instructions and manufacturing procedures.
- Monitor and analyze open engineering issues affecting sales
orders. Alert planners to open engineering issues that may affect
manufacturing. Alert engineering departments to sales order
activity that may affect outstanding work.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining product testing
- Work with engineering to help resolve issues related to
production by helping drive Manufacturer's Information-Modification
Request and Quality Notification activity in the system.
- Maintain project-specific inventory control.
- Assist engineering groups in any and all activities deemed
- Contribute to process and procedure improvements for the
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment
in accordance with established operating procedures and
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Works independently as well as in a team environment. Ability
to work extended hours and to travel, as required.
- May negotiate lead times with suppliers and manage schedules
for timely delivery.
- Preforms other duties as assigned or required. We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Denver , Engineering Manufacturing Liaison, Engineering , Franktown, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!