M2C2 Program Engineer (PE)
Posted on: July 1, 2020
Job Description: Join our RIS Engineering Program Excellence
team who are helping engineering program and proposal teams
successfully execute programs and prepare responsive proposals.
Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our commitment to providing an environment that supports
innovation, teamwork and opportunities for growth is one of the
primary reasons people come to work at Raytheon Technologies! The
Engineering Program Excellence organization within Raytheon
Intelligence and Space (RIS) is seeking an experienced Program
Engineer to join and expand our distinguished team to develop a
state-of-the-art satellite ground station. The M2C2 Program
Engineer (PE) is responsible for the cost, schedule, and execution
of all engineering tasks within their assigned program. The PE is
the Engineering point of contact for the Program Manager as well as
the point of contact for all program functional staff. Due to the
size of the M2C2 program this position is in support of the Lead
PE, and as such the candidate will be called upon to support the
Lead PE in the following areas . Responsibilities and Scope
- Responsible for overall Engineering execution within the
program, having decision authority over all Engineering
- Conduct Engineering Bid Reviews (EBRs) and Engineering Program
Reviews (EPRs) at authorized levels
- Support Program Management Reviews (PMRs) for all Engineering
- Manage overall budget and schedule for program Engineering
tasks. Works closely with the functional discipline organizations
to review program execution on a periodic basis to ensure schedule
and cost are being met.
- Develop and approve executable Estimates at Completion (EAC)
for the program in collaboration with the responsible Engineering
Cost Account Managers.
- Ensure staffing forecasts are accurate and up to date, and work
with Engineering discipline organizations to ensure appropriate
staffing is assigned - local, distributed and/or suppliers.
- Provide oversight and review all program metrics for
engineering. Ensure application of Technical Performance Measures
(TPMs) across the program as a means for measuring technical
progress and assessing risk.
- Oversee and manage the Risks and Opportunities execution across
the program. Leverage the enterprise to reduce key risks and
- Ensure effective Engineering management of suppliers -
including SOWs, requirements specs, and process compliance.
- Identify and exploit synergies across programs and across the
- Provide accurate and timely status reports to the Program and
- Execute processes and procedures across the programs that
ensure consistency within the organization. Ensure process
compliance, including appropriate process tailoring. Required
- Clearance Requirements: Must hold and maintain an active TS/SCI
- Requires 4 years' experience as a Program Manager (minimally
certified at Level 6), Program Engineer, and/or as an Integrated
Product Team (IPT) Lead on a major program.
- Working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines with a
strong focus on Large Scale Software Development, Integrated
Product Development System (IPDS) and Earned Value Management
- Executive level communication skills.
- Significant experience working with suppliers in technical
and/or programmatic oversight role.
- Experience in all phases of development program lifecycle.
- Significant experience in Risk and Opportunity management.
- Experience with SW execution throughout the entire SW life
cycle, experience in object-oriented SW design, development,
preparing & presenting status & technical information.
- Experience with emerging SW methodologies, including SAFe agile
and DevOps methods including the incorporation of tools and
principles (ie continuous integration) to reduce defects, increase
software productivity, and improve maintainability
- Experience with leading/supporting Process Improvement
activities on large programs working directly with senior level
leadership teams and Program Directors. Desired Skills:
- Risk and Opportunity Certification
- Prior experience with M2C2 Legacy domain
- R6 Sigma Specialist Qualified/R6 Sigma Expert Certified
- Experience as a Technical Subcontracts Manager (TSM) or Program
Subcontracts Manager (PSM) Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelors' Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or
Mathematics (STEM), plus an overall 8 years of related work
experience required. This position requires a U.S. Person who is
eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
164038Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, Denver , M2C2 Program Engineer (PE), Engineering , Watkins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!