Substation Project Engineer
Company: Power Engineers
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Substation Project Engineer
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
POWER Engineers is currently seeking an electrical engineer to work
as a Substation Project Engineer in the Power Delivery Substation
Department in our Denver, Colorado office.
- Manage relationships with alliance clients.
- Perform and direct others in the detailed design of medium to
extra high voltage utility substations including one-line diagrams,
elementary and wiring diagrams, SCADA, communications, conduit and
cable sizing/routing, substation physical layouts, selection of
substation equipment, writing of substation equipment
specifications, proposal development, construction cost estimates,
and project scheduling.
- Ensure POWER quality procedures are followed.
- Perform QA/QC for deliverables to clients.
- Manage schedule, budget, and quality of assigned projects.
- BSEE (BS Electrical Engineering) or BSEET (BS Electrical
Engineering Technology) degree, from an accredited university
preferably with a power option.
- Experience in 15kV through 500kV substation design and
- Experience filling the role of project engineer for several
substation projects occurring concurrently.
- The candidate must have strong command of the English language
with good written and oral communication skills in order to work
effectively with internal team members and external client
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in
the U.S. without the need for work sponsorship.
- Five (5) years experience in utility substation design.
- Professional Engineering license (PE).
- Experience managing people on a project team.
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every
level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have
the chance to make a positive impact on the environment,
participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find
the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your
career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most
importantly, we strive to be our clients' first choice. These
traits - and deep technical skill - account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company,
we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where
we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel.
We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package,
professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER
Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be
contradictory to some, but it works well for us.
Keywords: Power Engineers, Denver , Substation Project Engineer, Engineering , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!