Network Engineer I - Core & Backbone Optical
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to
millions of users across the country. The Network Operations team
is responsible for the implementation of approved network
architecture and designs. The Network Engineer I- Optical supports
the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of
resource requirements for network systems of high complexity. As a
member of the team, you will support network enhancements while
following corporate standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support network planning, network architecture design and
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Leads in the development and documentation of technical
standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Reviews corporate standards and develops network
- Works on one or more projects as a team leader.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify
and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.BASIC /
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of network engineering experience
- Minimum one (1) years of experience with Cisco and/or
- Minimum one (1) year of Data network experienceADDITIONAL JOB
- Experience in managing optical transport platforms service
gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex, Ciena).
- Experience with scripting and automation (Python, SQL)
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Advanced knowledge in network design, network architecture,
protocols and network topology. TCP/IP and the OSI model.
- Experience and knowledge in using ticketing and software tools
to support the operations
- Knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to work in a team environment, perform duties in a very
fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology
- Able to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and use of personal computer and
software applications.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Knowledge of company products and services
Keywords: Spectrum, Denver , Network Engineer I - Core & Backbone Optical, Engineering , Castle Rock, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!