Network Engineer II - CBO Core IP
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to
millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team
is responsible for the implementation of approved network
architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the NE II
assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and
identification of resource requirements for network systems of
varying (moderate to high) complexity. As a member of the team, you
will develop and implement network enhancements while following
corporate standards. You will be sought after for recommendations
for improvement and assists in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the implementation of approved network
architecture and designs
- Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity
surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Leading project teams that maintain and improve network
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture
design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical
standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify
and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.BASIC /
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years network engineering experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with - Cisco and/or
- Minimum of two (2) years of Data network experienceADDITIONAL
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols
and network topology
- Efficient knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Intermediate knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to
support the current operations
- Basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and
ability to learn new technology quickly
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Knowledge of company products and services
Keywords: Spectrum, Denver , Network Engineer II - CBO Core IP, Engineering , Morrison, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!