Center Director - Early Childhood Education
Company: Volunteers of America Colorado Branch
Posted on: July 15, 2019
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall functioning of
the Head Start and the VOA Preschool programs based on the
individual needs of the children enrolled. The Project Manager also
supervises the education and kitchen staff in managing the overall
site, the classroom environments, and family interactions. Works in
a collaborative manner with the Education, Disabilities and Mental
Health Coordinator, Head Start family services team members and
consultants. Implements, and monitors the budget for the
facilities. Prepares and maintains documentation in compliance with
federal, state and local agency performance standards and best
practices, including Colorado Child Care Licensing Standards.
1. In accordance with licensing standards and organizational
guidelines, implements a high quality early childhood education
program for preschoolers based on parent input, staff assessment of
individual childrens needs and strengths, Teaching Strategies Gold
and CLASS assessment.
2. Adequately staffs facilities according to licensing and Head
Start standards. Directly or indirectly supervises all education
staff and the food program. Hires, coaches, directs, and evaluates
supervisees as assigned in conjunction with Head Start
3. Reviews performance of team members on a regular basis with
input provided by the Education, Disabilities and Mental Health
Coordinator and relevant partners or consultants, and provides
staff with constructive feedback regarding their performance.
4. Works closely with the Head Start Education, Disabilities and
Mental Health Coordinator to ensure that the operation of the Head
Start classrooms meet or exceeds Head Start performance standards.
Collaborates with ECE Director to conduct program evaluations.
5. Responsible for the monitoring of the program budget and billing
processes for the Child and Adult Care Food Program, the Denver
Preschool Program, the Colorado Preschool Program, the Colorado
Child Care Assistance Program, private pay and Head Start In-kind.
Closely monitors expenditures, and reports variances to the ECE
6. Ensures that the facilities are maintained in a clean and
orderly manner and that the buildings are in compliance with state
health department and fire department codes and state Child Care
Project Manager, Early Childhood Education
Job Description continued
7. Along with ECE Director, ensures that all areas of
non-compliance with the state child care licensing, health
department and fire department are rectified within the required
8. Facilitates daily communication between parents and staff to
ensure that everyone is informed of childrens accomplishments,
activities, and needs as well as special activities and events
occurring at the center. Assists with parent committee and
9. Coordinates inventory and purchase of needed supplies.
10. Prepares, submits, and maintains internal and external
reports/documents in accordance with local, state, and federal,
regulations/guidelines and best practices.
11. Teaches in classroom if necessary
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1) Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education or a related
field; Masters Degree preferred.
2) Three years of classroom experience working with children age
3-5. Head Start Lead Teacher qualified.
3) Two years of ECE program management experience to include
supervision of staff.
4) Director qualified by the State of Colorado for a large
5) Spanish or other language skills a plus.
Type: Full Time
Salary: $23.13 per hour; Exempt
Work Schedule: Monday Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Keywords: Volunteers of America Colorado Branch, Denver , Center Director - Early Childhood Education, Education / Teaching , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!