7th Grade English Language Arts Teacher ( Immediate Start)
Company: STRIVE Preparatory Schools
Posted on: July 13, 2019
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools
that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive
throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the
knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college
Our inclusive and transformative community seeks a 7th Grade
English Language Arts Teacher for an immediate start.
Objective: STRIVE Prep Secondary English Language Arts Teachers
will create exceptional outcomes and opportunities for students by
providing high-quality, rigorous and engaging instruction.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep's core values
- Con Ganas: The work we do is challenging, but every challenge
is seen as an opportunity and we rarely give up.
- The High Road: We do the right thing and we treat one another
with respect and dignity.
- Joy Factor: We work to create a joyful and optimistic work
environment that values levity and laughter.
- Accountable Action: We hold clear, high expectations for our
work, and we are appropriately held accountable to those
expectations by ourselves and others.
- Growth Mindset: We continue to develop professionally and
operate with a growth mindset in order to create the best school
possible for our students and families.
- Lean In: We communicate with one another professionally,
appropriately, honestly, and transparently, both in person and in
- We Serve: Every day is an opportunity to partner with and learn
from our students and families, whom we serve with grace and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead engaging, data driven instruction in English Language
Arts, using KIPP Wheatley curriculum.
- Teach daily student interventions, providing individualized
instruction based on student needs.
- Analyze student data and use it to provide student feedback and
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders, curriculum
directors, the English Language Development Director and the
special education team to ensure that instruction meets the needs
of each learner.
- Be available to students by phone every evening,
Monday-Thursday, for homework assistance until 8:00 p.m.
- Lead a student advisory at the beginning and end of each school
day, and serve as the main point of contact and advocate for
students in an advisory of approximately 15 students.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe,
purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment focused on
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit
their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students during before and after school
activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, and break).
- Participate in family and community events, including twice
annual parent conferences and at least one student enrollment event
- Own the success and achievement of all scholars in the
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade level
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and
content-based department meetings.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep's Summer Training Institute as well
as professional development throughout the school year.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Achieve Qualified Teacher status (teacher's license not
required) within six weeks of starting through one of the following
channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education:
- A valid Colorado Teacher License in the applicable endorsement
- Sufficient college coursework (or degree in content area);
- Passing score for the applicable Praxis ii or Colorado PLACE
- Read more about the available pathways to becoming a Qualified
In addition, we strongly prefer the following:
- Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with English
- Demonstrated success working with middle school students of
What We Offer Our Network Staff:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Annual performance-based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program,
including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100 percent of individual medical benefits and a
wide range of insurance plans.
- Approximately eight weeks of summer vacation, approximately
four weeks of school holidays and vacations, and eight days of paid
time off annually.
Join This Movement:
STRIVE Prep educators inspire and encourage our students to think
critically, communicate clearly, and collaborate openly, both in
and outside of the classroom. By bringing together challenging
academics with celebration and joy, we fuel a sense of curiosity,
creativity and lifelong possibility in our students and our
teachers. No matter where you join us in your career, we welcome
our teachers to help make STRIVE Prep a place where everyone in our
community can STRIVE and THRIVE.
Equity and Inclusion
STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all
students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. We
must challenge ourselves as educators on what it means to serve all
students, families and each other through a lens of Dignity for
All, all the time. To us, Dignity for All means honoring and
respecting the rich diversity of who we are and the unique gifts
and talents that each of us bring. To achieve this we are committed
to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and
recruiting processes that are free from bias and seek to provide
each candidate with a unique and equitable opportunity for
Questions?Contact Allison Gordon (Staffing Manager) at
Keywords: STRIVE Preparatory Schools, Denver , 7th Grade English Language Arts Teacher ( Immediate Start), Education / Teaching , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!