Helicopter Ground/Simulator Instructor
Company: FlightSafety International
Posted on: June 14, 2019
The Ground/Simulator Instructor Rotorcraft-Helicopter is
responsible for the accomplishment of rotorcraft-helicopter pilot
ground/simulator school training conducted for Customers receiving
Initial, Recurrent or generic training courses and measures the
training progress of Customer(s), objectively and subjectively,
within the established curriculum, by performing the following
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: THE FOLLOWING DUTIES ARE
ESSENTIAL TO THE SUCCESSFUL AND SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE OF THIS
JOB. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE
TRAINING STANDARDS PROGRAM ACTIVITIES: (Includes Compliance with
regulations and vguidelines, and Quality Management System (QMS)
policies and procedures; plus Lesson Planning, Current Material and
* Maintain Instructor qualification in accordance with FlightSafety
International s Quality Maintenance Systems (QMS) processes and
* Maintain Instructor qualification in accordance with NOTE on the
last page of this Job Description.
* Keep current all certificates, ratings and designations, required
to perform duties as a Flight or Simulator Instructor. NOTE: Each
Ground Instructor (Rotorcraft-Helicopter) is responsible for
maintaining currency and for providing copies of all required
licenses, documents, and renewals to the Director of Standards
* Maintain FlightSafety International established standards of
instructional delivery with corresponding levels of subject
* Develop, utilize, maintain and revise ground school lesson plans
for publications in accordance with FlightSafety International
* Assist in completing and revising ground school syllabi and
expanded Instructor Action Guides (IAGs).
* Deliver training to FlightSafety International clients in
accordance with FlightSafety International Instructor Performance
TRAINING STANDARDS INSTRUCTOR ACTIVITIES: (Includes Compliance with
regulations and guidelines, and QMS policies and procedures)
* Maintain all ground/simulator training material (various media
forms) in a current state at all times.
* Provide pre-briefings and post-briefings before and after each
Simulator lesson in accordance with FlightSafety International
Instructor Performance Standards.
* Prepare classroom and/or Flight Simulator and set up training
materials no later than 15 minutes prior to schedule class start
time, Flight Simulator and/or pre-briefing session.
* Integrate Crew Resource Management (CRM)/Human Factors training
with technical (procedural) training.
* Utilize Customer's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),
Checklists, and Minimum Equipment List (MEL) during training, when
requested or required.
* Attend scheduled Instructor meetings.
* Assist in keeping all publications used in Simulator training
* Ensure classrooms, flight training devices (FTDs) and scheduled
simulators are ready for client training events.
* NOTE: Act as Second-in-Command for clients training in multi-crew
aircraft who have come to training without a flying partner. In
that capacity, will serve as a competent Second-in-Command and will
not be performing instructional duties.
* Perform administrative duties relative to training such as
preparing for the delivery of training, record keeping, monitoring
Customer progress, training development and maintenance of training
* Report to the Director of Training (DOT) any Customer training
problems (poor performance, Customer/Instructor conflicts,
excessive tardiness, etc.).
* Interact with Simulator Mx technicians concerning all Simulator
functions and malfunctions as well as ensure all malfunctions are
documented properly using appropriate forms.
* Maintain FlightSafety International's commitment to Customer
satisfaction while performing job duties.
* Interact within a cooperative environment through beneficial
behavior, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem
solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, and encouragement
to other teammates and departments.
* Accountable for the security of FlightSafety International s
materials, projects and business information regarding the methods
and techniques used in the production and usage of FlightSafety
International s products.
* Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of assigned
* Adhere to a required work schedule, including prompt and regular
* Report, on a timely basis, any safety hazards observed in work
area, equipment, and/or building to appropriate person(s) for
* Participate in the Quality Management System (QMS) activities at
assigned site and adhere to the processes related to accomplishing
the site's QMS goals.
* Participate in Learning Center Safety Management Systems (SMS)
activities including: supporting and promoting the safety culture,
reporting all aviation safety-related issues via the feedback
system, and adhering to the processes related to accomplishing SMS
* Support FlightSafety International's, and its subsidiaries',
commitment to ethical behavior by basing our priorities on lawful
and ethical conduct as we deal with coworkers, Customers, vendors
and others in all of our operations. (See Sarbanes-Oxley Act of
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Keywords: FlightSafety International, Denver , Helicopter Ground/Simulator Instructor, Education / Teaching , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!