TEACHER, ELEMENTARY SPECIAL EDUCATION, MODERATE NEEDS - K-5TH
Company: Denver Public Schools
Posted on: February 10, 2024
FARRELL B HOWELL ECE-8 SCHOOL
Traditional 186 work days per year
Salary: Click here for more information on compensation for these
roles. Please note: You must submit all relevant documentation via
onboarding before the deadline (15 days after receiving your offer
letter) for salary setting purposes.
Notice To Applicants: Only For The 2023-2024 School Year
A bout this job:
S chool Teachers will teach grade level material, content specific
lesson plans, and Personal Development, following DPS
W hat DPS Offers You:
- A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity,
Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will
- Competitive Teacher Compensation and Procomp Incentive plan,
click here for the DCTA Teacher and SSP Salary Schedule. Click here
for more information on compensation for these roles. Please note:
You must submit all relevant documentation via onboarding before
the deadline (15 days after receiving your offer letter) for salary
- In addition to competitive compensation, DPS has other Total
Reward offerings such as; time off , health and wellness benefits ,
and PERA Retirement .
What You'll Do:
- Help all students develop competence and confidence
simultaneously through a balance of acquiring basic skills and
developing conceptual understanding.
- Monitor, supervise, coordinate and enforce rule of conduct and
behavior for assigned students, and reinforce positive student
behaviors in accordance with school and District policy.
- Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance,
behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors,
and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic
- Prepare educational course outlines, objectives and materials
according to curriculum guidelines or state and local
- Present subject matter to students, using various teaching
methods and technology, adjusting teaching style and method to meet
student learning style.
What You'll Need:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Education or related field
required. Master's Degree, preferred. A Master's Degree is only
required for Concurrent Enrollment positions.
- Have a valid Colorado Department of Education (CDE) teaching
license. Click here for additional information regarding specific
requirements and qualifications for the various subject areas ( DPS
does accept a CDE Application Receipt for 90 days .)
- Lead for racial and educational excellence and work to
dismantle systems of oppression and inequity in our community,
along with believing in and supporting all students so they feel
seen and heard with access to high quality education.
- Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while
working with us.
- Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the
physical demandsof the position.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, gender expression, and sexual orientation), parental
status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information
(including family medical history), political affiliation, military
service, or any other status protected by law or regulations. It is
our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal
opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related
Keywords: Denver Public Schools, Denver , TEACHER, ELEMENTARY SPECIAL EDUCATION, MODERATE NEEDS - K-5TH, Education / Teaching , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!