TEACHER, SECONDARY (MIDDLE), MATH, 6TH-8TH GRADE
Company: Denver Public Schools
Posted on: January 27, 2023
MCAULIFFE MANUAL MIDDLE SCHOOL
Innovation 186 work days per year
Salary: See DCTA Teacher Salary Schedule at
About this job:
School Teachers will teach grade level material, content specific
lesson plans, and Personal Development, following DPS
What You'll Do:
- Help all students develop competence and confidence
simultaneously through a balance of acquiring basic skills and
developing conceptual understanding.
- Monitor, supervise, coordinate and enforce rule of conduct and
behavior for assigned students, and reinforce positive student
behaviors in accordance with school and District policy.
- Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance,
behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors,
and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic
- Prepare educational course outlines, objectives and materials
according to curriculum guidelines or state and local
- Present subject matter to students, using various teaching
methods and technology, adjusting teaching style and method to meet
student learning style.
We are excited about you because you will:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in education or in the subject areas
for which you are applying.
- Master's Degree, preferred.
- Have a valid Colorado Department of Education (CDE) teaching
license. Click here for additional information regarding specific
requirements and qualifications for the various subject areas ( DPS
does accept a CDE Application Receipt for 90 days .)
- Have the ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem
- Provide effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to manage classroom and coordinate and
instruct student activities.
- Have an anti-racist mindset and will work to dismantle systems
of oppression and inequity in our community, along with believing
in and supporting all students so they feel seen and heard with
access to high quality education.
- Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while
working with us.
- Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the
physical demands of the position.
What DPS Offers You:
- A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity,
Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will
- Competitive Teacher Compensation and Procomp Incentive plan,
click here for the DCTA Teacher and SSP Salary Schedule
- DPS Total Rewards includes time off , health and wellness
benefits , and PERA Retirement .
Innovation School - Please ensure you review the Innovation Plan to
understand terms and conditions of employment prior to applying.
Innovation Plan is available at:
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, gender expression, and sexual orientation), parental
status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information
(including family medical history), political affiliation, military
service, or any other status protected by law or regulations. It is
our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal
opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related
Keywords: Denver Public Schools, Denver , TEACHER, SECONDARY (MIDDLE), MATH, 6TH-8TH GRADE, Education / Teaching , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!