Company: Global Village Academy
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionGlobal Village Academy is an innovative charter
school. Students learn core content through language immersion in
their choice of Spanish, Mandarin, or Russian. GVA is truly a
"global village." Our immersion teachers come from all over the
world, each bringing their unique culture and language into the
classroom. United by a common core, students are challenged to
become world class thinkers, capable of engaging ideas using
multiple languages and cross-cultural perspectives, through
internationally benchmarked curriculum spanning each language
village.Summary:To provide overall leadership, direction,
supervision and accountability at the K-8 School in the areas of
instruction and curriculum, student educational development and
achievement, safety and security, student discipline and
attendance, staff development and evaluation, community building,
human resources, and financial management. Maintain the school's
improvement plan and ensure achievement for every child. Employee
may assist with translation and/or communication using second
language skills when possible.Essential Duties and
- Demonstrate overall expectations by conducting oneself as a
role model and provide leadership by example while fostering
professional, nurturing relationships. Steward the values of the
school and organizational culture.
- Oversee effective delivery of classroom instruction using data
to track status and progress.
- Lead the instructional team in supporting teachers to achieve
proficiency and growth goals.
- Develop and organize programs, procedures, policies,
- Evaluate all programs, departments, process, procedures,
personnel and overall connectedness through observations and
monitoring the effectiveness and efficiency of these aspects of the
- Hire and evaluate staff.
- Manage and oversee staff development and growth.
- Maintain, and champion, a climate that attracts and motivates
highly qualified staff.
- Solve problems and focus on needs by analyzing data;
investigating possible solutions; researching potential features,
characteristics and improvements, judging outcomes, mediating
processes; and anticipating prospective results.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with students and
- Effectively pursue innovative approaches to retaining and
- Manage budget and monitor financial health on an on-going
basis; the needs of the physical site through delegation,
supervision and directing.
- Initiate change through research, design and development,
procurement of resources, implementation, and assurance of
adherence to the process and evaluation of the operation.
- Communicate and collaborate continuously with all
- Empower stakeholders through motivation, assistance, support,
guidance, involvement and engagement.
- Coordinate and facilitate processes and meeting goals by
bringing people and resources together.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Leadership or related field
required. Master's Degree in Educational Leadership or related
- Colorado Principal License or the equivalent in another state
(with commitment to becoming licensed in CO)
- Minimum two years administrative/leadership experience in a
- Minimum seven years of experience in public education within a
school setting; including teaching.
- Experience working in or with charter schools.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Spanish highly
preferred.Other background demonstrating application of the
following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Advanced oral and written communication, public relations,
instruction, curriculum, conflict resolution, multitasking, problem
solving, facilitation, management, decision making, computer and
- Ability to work with students with various backgrounds and
- Advanced skills in dealing with students and staff with diverse
needs at various levels.
- Ability to be flexible and patient and make change.
- Knowledge of instruction and curriculum.
- Experience working in or with language immersion
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent
- Ability to maintain honesty and integrity in all aspects of the
- Ability to adhere to attendance requirements, including regular
and punctual employee presence.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers,
word processing software and basic office equipment.Salary range:
$50,000 - $70,000 yearly"This description is not intended, and
should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated
with this job".
Keywords: Global Village Academy, Denver , Assistant Principal, Education / Teaching , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!