Sign-on Bonus up to $40K - Principal DevOps Software Engineer
Posted on: July 1, 2020
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state
of the art facility in Aurora? Then join our Raytheon Technologies
team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer
place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who
provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. The AMS program is a
special access program which provides ground system development,
integration, operations and sustainment. AMS is looking for a
talented DevOps Engineer to support the mission software
development and platform development teams. We also play a crucial
role in assisting our environments and configuration management
teams in maintaining baseline information for both deliveries and
virtual machines being used as development workstations and tools
servers. Our team fully exemplifies the pairing of development with
ops as we find ourselves not only managing and supporting our tools
and build pipelines, but also developing new tools to meet program
challenges. Our goals and objectives are to continually look 4-6
months ahead, brainstorm and identify obstacles that are on the
horizon, architect and implement solutions ahead of them so that
the program can remain unblocked and moving forward. Applicants
should have a strong programming background, experience with
Atlassian products, build systems & pipelines, a good work ethic,
and a willingness to want to succeed as a team. We work hard, but
we strive to maintain good morale and enjoy working together.
- Expand and maintain Back End code in support of development
- Support and manage various tools Servers based in Atlassian,
JFrog and others.
- Maintain and develop configuration orchestration scripts using
Ansible & Chef.
- Develop new software products and capabilities to overcome
- Ability to complete assigned tasks to achieve program
- Work in a cross-functional team environment with regular
interactions between teams.
- Ability to self-manage, completing assigned tasks with little
to no direct supervision.
- Ability to demo completed software stories and features. The
selected candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance. A bonus of
"up to" $40,000.00 is available to hired applicants with an active
TS/SCI, or higher clearance Required Skills:
- United States Citizen
- Active TS or TS/SCI SSBI level
- 10+ years demonstrated Software Engineering experience
- Experience working with Agile and/or DevOps development
- Strong experience with LINUX/UNIX
- Demonstrated experience with any or all (JAVA, Python,
- Experience with Atlassian Tools and JFrog Artifactory (or
- Experience with working with Docker.
- SCM experience, specifically Git.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and thinking outside the
- Ability to context switch as prioritization changes focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- OK not doing 100% development. We're a program support team so
we do it all; we code, manage tools, support the teams, and
troubleshoot issues. Desired Skills:
- A technologist with deep experience in at least some of the
- Elasticsearch/Kibana, Kubernetes, Ansible/Chef, gradle, maven,
and Spring Boot.
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL (or SQL
- Experience with REST web services
- Experience with Scripting (Python, Bash)
- Experience with DevOPS CI/CD pipeline concepts and
- Be able to come up with novel approaches to problems. We can't
always have the perfect tool to fix problems or implement
solutions, at times we need to be innovative in ways of finding
solutions with the toolbox we have. Required Education (including
Major): Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering,
Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an
Accredited University/School/College with 10+ years of relevant
work experience Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that
create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7
fitnessfacility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and
dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization.
Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities,
and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K
match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to
view a brief video and learn more: Our latest company video is
about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we
hold dear at Raytheon Technologies. View it here: RISENGBONUSRISCSI
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person
who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
163894Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, Denver , Sign-on Bonus up to $40K - Principal DevOps Software Engineer, Education / Teaching , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!